Fear Itself

"I thought you would have this under control but you really went and fucked this up didn't you?" Jamie was yelling, though his voice sounded muted which was odd because she also was aware he was definitely yelling. Her eyes opened slowly and as her vision cleared she found she was laying on the floor by a bed while Joseph was standing there getting yelled at. The last thing she remembered was being whipped until she nearly passed out in a dungeon and that weird thing with Alejandro. After that there had been some electrical shocks to her neck and she blanked out.

"I had it under control, then things happened and-" Before Joseph could finish Jamie hit him. Not a slap, not a backhand, a full on punch to the face. She gasped and sat up quickly as he stumbled back holding the side of his head. That was something she couldn't believe was staged for anyone's benefit that looked way too real. Unless he'd been told to do something like that but the vibe was off. Something wasn't right.

"Fuck, now she's up." Jamie said sounding genuinely annoyed. He came over to where she was half sitting and half laying down then grabbed her arm and yanked her to her feet. "You need to get cleaned up and this is going to get fixed."

"I don't...I don't know how-"

"You want him to die? Huh?" Jamie asked, grabbing her by the hair and forcing her to look at Joseph who had found his way to a chair and was now sitting in it and holding his face. She couldn't see what damage was done, if any, but she was guessing he was at least going to have a bruise. "They'll slit his throat, you know, in front of you. What the fuck were you thinking?"

"What the fuck are you thinking?" She yelled trying to yank away from him, "Don't you ever touch him like that again."

"And what are you going to do about it Princess?" He sneered, quickly raking his nails across her back where she'd been cut. She screamed out in pain and he shoved her towards the wall, which she would have slammed into had she not had the reflexes to catch herself and stop it from happening. "I have a job to do and you are making it very...very difficult."

"What fucking job?" Joseph demanded, "You can't be taking any of this seriously." He lowered his hand and stood up again, only to reveal that he definitely had a cut under his eye one of the rings Jamie was wearing must have left it there. Not only that, but the area around it was starting to swell.

"I know what I'm doing and I know what I want." He insisted. "You aren't going to stop it or fuck it up enough to die either."

"What in the bloody hell are you on about, Jamie?" She screamed at him, "How much coke have you-"

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!" He roared, grabbing her by the throat only to pin her back into the wall in a full on choke. "I know what I'm doing here, you don't. Neither does he. If it weren't for me both of you would be dead so you better start taking notes." He spat in her face then let her go. She collapsed to the floor gasping for breath trying to make sense of all of this but there wasn't much to make. Other than drugs because that was what it had to be. She knew they could make monsters out of people but she guess she hadn't considered the consequences for him either.

"Get her cleaned up." He ordered Joseph, "And don't start making any stupid plans in there either or I will be sure you regret it. Both of you." He pointed towards a door that probably led to a bathroom and she rubbed at her throat softly as she turned to look at it.

"I told you from the start, with your history, why this was a bad idea and you...look at you now. You think you have control over this? You don't. You've lost your fucking mind, Jamie." Joseph insisted. Jamie laughed and made a move like he was going to strike out, something that only caused Joseph to stumble back with a pretty considerable flinch.