Chapter Forty

Gavi's Perspective

Life is pretty hectic right now. There is so much going on, in both my private life and my football life.

To put in simple terms, both my life and Mae's life were going pretty successful. Mae had been shadowing and learning from Antonio for about two months now, and she's been loving every second of it. Every day she comes home and immediately goes into full detail about everything she learned, the people she met, and the things she'll get to do if she does become CEO.

Football wise, the year couldn't be any better. We have been dominating ever since this season started, and our hard work truly paid off. We won the Copa del Rey back in May, won La Liga just a few weeks after that, and now we're on our way to the Champions League finals.

It was a dream that all of us had dreamed, but never truly thought would happen. Winning a Champions League will always be something that footballers chase after, but winning a treble is something only few ever actually achieve.

The last time Barcelona won the treble was back in the 2014/2015 season, when they won La Liga, Copa del Rey, and the Champions League. Now as a team we would have the chance to repeat history and do exactly what they did.

In a week we would be heading to the San Siro, to face Bayern Munich in the finals. They had crushed Real Madrid in the semi-finals, 3-0, so I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous for the match, yet at the same time, I feel confident in my team, and now that we have the strength to win.

Mae's Perspective

I have to admit, it is awesome seeing Barcelona win all these trophies. I mean, getting to see them win the treble would be a dream come true.

Yet, it all hurts a little bit. Watching all the other players celebrate with their lovers, while I have to watch my boyfriend from the stands stings a bit.

I mean, I understand why hiding our relationship is for the better, even if it's painful. Just it's fucking annoying how we have to suffer just because there are other people out there who are petty and can't just let other people be happy. Like, we get it, you're jealous! But do you really have to be so annoying about it?

As much as all of this sucks, I couldn't be happier for Gavi. I know that this is all a dream come true for him, and I'm just glad that I'm witnessing it.

My life hasn't been too shabby either.

The past two months working with Antonio have been amazing. He's a great mentor, and has truly taught me so much. I can tell that he likes me, and I truly think that when the time comes, he'll hand his CEO position over to me.

Although the idea of running a multi-million-dollar company is absolutely terrifying, I can't help but feel thrilled by the opportunity. It's not just everyday something like that happens to some random American girl who moved to Barcelona just because she wanted to.

As much fun as it is, it has been quite draining. When people found out that I would be shadowing Antonio and possibly taking over, the news hit the press, and immediately spread like fire. Things like that don't just happen every day, and for the past two months I've been bombarded by questions and interview requests.

I never realized how challenging it is trying to juggle all of this. The job just completely consumes my life, leaving me little time with both Gavi and Rosa. I try my best, but sometimes I just feel so exhausted.

I think that Gavi can tell somethings been off, but he knows that if it's really bothering me, that I'll tell him. Yet, it is really bothering me, and I still haven't told him. I just- I just can't do that to him.

I know damn well that if I tell him that I'm stressed and exhausted, he'll become stressed. That's the last thing he needs. He cares so much about me, sometimes I think he cares about me too much. He never puts himself first when it comes to our relationship, and if I'm being honest, that scares the shit out of me.

I think that's another reason why we have to keep our relationship a secret. If people found out, I can only imagine the amount of stress that would be put on not only Gavi, but also me. With this new job and opportunity, I too have an image that I need to maintain. Having people question our relationship and the details of it would do nothing but harm to the both of us.

It's at that moment I realize that we truly will have to have a secret relationship. Not just a secret relationship, but a secret life.

There's the side that the press and the people see, us as strong individuals paving their way in two different worlds. Then there's the side that only we see, us as one whole, together and united. In love.

This chapter was just kind of to provide some information about what the check is going on in both of their lives. And maybe a bit of foreshadowing..... Maybe? Who knows.... I promise I'm not trying to scare you guys. Or am I? Anyways, next chapter is coming out on Wednesday! (7/19/23)