Guilty Strangers

There a rustling in the trees and I see rick point his gun up. My hand finds my gun tucked away in its holster.

Daryl comes out with a rope of tiny animals. I wish they'd let me hunt. I liked the feeling of feeding people ,oddly . Like I was doing something to contribute. I have to contribute.

I hear a whistle and look up.

"Keep close." Rick says as he walks towards me and Abraham.

"Ready to get some concrete on your feet." I hear Abraham tell Rick but I don't look up. Too busy trying to pick dried blood from my nails.

"I think it's time." I let out a sigh at ricks words. Why can't we just keep on walking on the softness of the grass and dirt.

"That's sweet music to my ears officer. Take the next road we come to, try to get back to going north till we find a vehicle. Good." Abraham list his plan and I listen quietly into their conversation.

"Good." Rick agrees before walking towards the rest of the group, telling them to tighten the line up. I readjust my bow on my shoulders, I'm not used to just having it sit around on my shoulders all day- -

"Help! Help!" I hear a series of screams of into the maze of the tres and stop.

"Dad,come on." I hear Carl say but I'm too focused on trying to map out which direction it's coming from. Straight ahead, couples feet away.

I run.

"Lanna! Damn it!"

I heard ricks scolding voice but don't stop. I run and run as the trees look like mush in the corners of my eyes.

"Anybody! Help!" I get there right when the man's voice is done screaming. I didn't notice when I've grabbed my bow with my hands but I didn't think on it as I started to load my arrows and free them.

The man on a big rock was surrounded by only a few walkers. I shot the one just about to grab his foot. Then another that had the mans coat in its hands.

He wouldn't shut up. Shut up.

The two walkers on the sides of the walls turned there attention to me. Great. I loaded an arrow before I watched it fly into one's squared head.

The last one was too close to reload an arrow so I took out my dagger. I love this. Just as I kick it's feet down and it falls to its knees, a silenced gun shot rings and the walker falls limp to the ground.

A growl leaves my lips at the wasted ammo. I look towards where the shot rang to see it was Carl.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I run my eyes over my self before I conclude that I was fine.

"You wasted ammo." Is all I say before going and retrieving my arrows from the walkers heads. I struggle but managed to retrieve them all.

"Hey." I call out softly as I look up at the shaking man on the rock. He looked... like he was going to shit himself. I check him over. He had nothing in his hands, no weapon.

He wore all black with a little white square on its collar. I finally look up at his eyes. They were staring down at me with so many things. Shock, confusion, sadness, fear... what I horrible thing to feel all at once.

"Come on down." Rick says from behind me. I turn my head to see him staring at the shaky man like I've been.

When the man starts to make his way down I don't move. I don't move till he's right in front of me and I feel a hand plop down on my shoulder before dragging me to behind them.

Of course, the person who grabbed me was none other than rick. Haven't I proven that I could take care of myself?

I step around him and look back up at the man. My eyes follow the guys gagging face. He looked like he was going- -