•Chapter 3•

Quinn

"Pizza?" I asked from the floor. Jolly rolled about beside my legs, his tongue lolling. Celly smiled and scanned through the phonebook,"Yeah, pizza is like the absolute best meal of the day." He looked at me with a quizzical look on his face, "You have eaten pizza before, right?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Yes, I know what pizza is." He released the breath I didn't know he was holding," Oh, thank god." I scratched his dog's belly as he laid on his back wagging his tail. Who in their right mind wouldn't know what pizza was? "Any specific kind you want? "He asked. My brows knitted as I thought carefully bout my answer. Marcellus' lips pinched in a thin line and his brow quirked, "What kind have you had?" My eyebrows shot up as my eyes widened, "Oh, I've had so many! Let me think. Hold on. Ah! Hawaiian, meat lovers, supreme, ranch chicken, extra cheesy pepperoni with banana peppers, and bbq chicken." Just naming those toppings made my mouth drool. Oh, I could not wait to shove a whole pizza in my mouth. Come to mama, pizza-mia!

Celly seemed amazed at my list of pizza choices. He dialed the number to the pizza joint. "Hello and good day, I'd like to place an order." An older woman on the other side of the line asked what kind he wanted. He grinned, "well it's a pretty big order with a wide range of choices, ma'am." He took a deep breath and released it as he named off all the pizzas, "First, let me just say they will all be thin and crispy. I'd like a medium ranch chicken, medium Hawaiian, large supreme, large meat lovers, small bbq chicken, and a small extra cheesy pepperoni with banana peppers. Oh, I'd also like to add two things of bread sticks to the order as well." My mouth dropped wide open in a big 'O" as the names of the pizzas I had just listed was part of the order. "How much will that be? Okay, that's great. Just have them delivered to 1065 Killmont Ave. Thanks, have a good day. Bye." I just stared at him. "Might want to close that mouth of yours unless you want flies to make it their home", He laughed. Ha ha, very funny. Not.

"How much?" I demanded. Those mystical electrifying blue orbs just stared at me. This dude's eyes are just magical, you get lost just looking into them. "How much?" I asked again. Celly walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, " Around a hundred something." A hundre-wait. A hundred something!? The poor dog got startled by my quick movement as I jolted upwards off the floor. "Celly! Why did you order that much? We can't possibly eat all that." He grabbed two glass bottled Dr. Peppers from within the fridge, "Whatever is left over you can bring home to your parents. I'm sure your dad will love to eat something other than cookies when he gets home." I sighed, "Still, you really didn't have to buy that much food." He shrugged and handed me a Dr. Pepper. "I know that, but I wanted too." He took a seat on the sofa and propped his feet on the coffee table. I lowered myself back on the floor. The Dr. Pepper cap popped off instantly on the first try. It tasted heavenly; it had been so long since I had one. My mother was always against sugary drinks and junk food being in the house growing up. Within 30 minutes, the sound of someone pounding on the outside of the door drew our attention.

I hastily jolted off the floor in a whirlwind. "Quinn?" No way, it can't be. "Shaun?" I stood there with the door cracked open. Shaun was on the other side with a pizza carrier. Steam seeped through the fabric of the carrier from the heat emitted from the pizzas. "Shaun?" Celly asked, stepping up behind me. "Two times in two days, I've seen you two together" Shaun smirked and waggled his brows. "Something going on between you two that I don't know about?" We both shook our heads. "That our pizza?" Celly asked. Shaun gave him a blank stare. "Well, is it?" he inquired. The men just stared each other down in an odd silent standoff. His friend grunted slipping the boxes from the carrier and handing them to him. "You're the jerk that ordered all this? Jeez, Marcellus. I knew you had an appetite, but I didn't know you were this hungry."

"It's not all just for me," Celly snorted, carrying the pizzas to the coffee table. He swatted his dog's nose away from the boxes. "So y'all having another movie day?" Shaun asked as he waited for his friend to return with the cash. Before I could answer, Celly placed the cash in his friend's hand and smiled. "Maybe we are, and maybe we aren't. Wouldn't you like to know?" Shaun's brow quirked, "I would for sure love to know." My eyes flickered between the two. I felt uncomfortable being the third wheel in whatever it was that was going on b between them. I left them be and headed to the sofa. The cheesy goodness called to me from their spot on the table. I reached over and dug in. "I get off in a couple minutes, maybe I can bring Shirley by for some pizza?" I heard Shaun asked." Is that okay with you?" Marcellus asked me. I didn't bother looking up. Melted cheese dangled down my chin from a steamy hot slice of pizza shoved in my mouth. I just gave a quick nod. "Cool, we'll see y'all in a bit. Save some pizza for us, Quinn." I waved him off and continued enjoying my slice of pizza. Thank you, pizza god, for blessing me with this scrumptious cheesy heart attack on thin crispy crust.