•Chapter 30•

Atlas

"You aren't seriously considering storming into the room and yanking him off the table, are you?" I choked out the words while sprinting after her from the cafeteria. Quinn was on a mission and she didn't care what I had to say. My legs burned just by trying to keep up pace with her. Her long lean legs were moving a mile per minute without slowing down. I could feel her emotions spiraling about in every direction, her mind was racing. "Quinn, talk to me." The tip of her ear twitch at the sound of her name, but that didn't stop her from stalking her way down the hall. The fact the crazy fool wanted to be cut open and sliced up willingly was insane. What the hell is he even thinking? The way his best friend bawled like a baby before us was just worse. I could hear her breathing becoming fast and uneven as her hearts beated louder, her body was having problems keeping up. Her lean athletic frame tensed up as we made it further down the hall. The sounds of screams and groans echoed all around us. "That damn idiot," she growled out as we drew near the room where the sounds were coming from.

The second she yanked the door open; it was like walking into a crime scene. The doctor and two nurses were huddled up in the corner with medical scalpels held out in front of them. My eyes shifted to across the room where Marcellus stood tearing into his aunt's throat, her body dangled limply in his arms. "It's taken over him...." A young nurse cried from under the table, her body was covered in blood. She held her mangled arm against her chest as tears streamed down her blood-stained cheeks. "Ms. Blake!" the doctor screamed out in fear as his eyes shifted in our direction. "I don't know what went wrong, we did everything accordingly.... he just went crazy and attacked us." Quinn's shoulders pushed back, her back muscles flexed and bones popped. She shifted her attention to the man drenched in his aunt's blood, his body was littered in deep cuts and tears. Her body shook with anger as her hands flexed at her sides. She snarled loudly, "Marcellus, what have you done ?!" He had actually gone through with the crazy procedure. Dude is just as messed up as the doctor. I didn't understand why he would do this to himself until his eerie dark blue eyes landed on Quinn. He had him self cut and sliced just so he could be like her.

Those dark eyes of his held the darkest blue irises I've ever seen. They were almost as dark as the sclera. Talia's body hit the floor with a loud sickening bone crunching thud. He lifted his long sharp claws up to his lips and licked each one, his mouth opened into an evil smile exposing two rows of extremely sharp teeth. A long tongue slithered from within his mouth and wrapped around each clawed finger cleaning his aunts' blood from them. I could feel a tingling sensation jolt down my spine. The eerie crawling sensation within my skull faintly made an appearance. The man before me was not the man that she knew.

"Quinn, stay back from him," I barked and tugged on her arm, pulling her into my body. This wasn't Marcellus, this was something else entirely. He chuckled deeply, his long slender tongue twirling about as he licked his blood-stained lips. My eyes shifted to the woman under the table, "Move." She didn't need to be told twice she quickly crawled from under it and rushed past us and down the hall. Quinn jerked against me as she tried to get out of my hold. There was no telling what this thing before us was capable of and the last thing I needed was her running head-on with the monster to pick a fight.

"What is wrong with you, why did you want this? Are you satisfied with yourself now?" I growled out as my eyes watched his every move. Quinn's body twitched and jerked more; low growls echoed from within her chest and throat. She was fighting for control. I could sense it and feel it. I lowered my mouth near her ear and whispered, "Breathe, stay with me." She felt threatened by the man before her, she was not alone. So badly, I wanted to walk over and claw that stupid smile off his face. I held her tightly against me, hoping being near me would soothe her. His eerie eyes shifted to Quinn then me. A deep loud snarl left that mouth of his as he took steps towards us. "Ms. Blake .... Mr. Jones, please do something," the doctor stuttered. He held the other two nurses against him as they huddled further into the corner. You created this and yet you cower in fear.