•Chapter 35•

Atlas

I watched as the doctor stood up, he sat the notebook and pen on the table. Clasping his hands behind his back, he paced around the room and hummed. "Sir, he's here." I watched as one of the soldiers motioned up the stairs. "Excellent," was all the doctor said as he grinned from ear to ear. The stairs creaked as the person in question made their way down. " It's wonderful to see you again, did you sleep well?" the doctor asked cheerfully. The man stepped off the stairs and made his way over to where the doctor stood. I blinked in shock, the person in front of me was an exact copy of Quinn. His raven hair was short and spiky. His sharp teeth chewed on the lip ring that was sticking out of his bottom lip. Who is this guy?

His blue-green eyes glistened under the dim fluorescent lights. He played with the silver feather that dangled from his right pointy ear. My eyes locked on to the exact tattoo Quinn was just branded with, instead of wilted black roses his had red ones. Those black sclera, blue-green iris eyes of his shifted from Quinn to me."So you're the one that knocked my sister up," a deep low growl vibrated in his broad chest as he sneered at me. He slipped a silver locket necklace out from within his black sleeveless shirt. He opened it and turned it to where I could see, inside the locket was a picture of when she was younger on the left and her now older self in the right. "I didn't know she had a sibling, better yet a twin," I mumbled. The resemblance between them was uncanny. "Where's the other asshole at," he growled out as his eyes shifted to the doctor.

Federico grunted, "We still haven't been able to locate and capture him." Quinn's brother approached her and dug in the pocket of his jeans. He pulled out a pair of black earbuds and stuck them in her ears. "She loves her music," he uttered as he pulled out a phone from his pocket and tapped away at the screen. "Are you sure that's wise?" The doctor looked between him and Quinn. Her brother nodded, "It's her favorite song." He opened her hand and placed the phone in her palm, slowly he curled her fingers over it. He turned to face me; the heels of his boots scratched against the floor as he approached. His clawed hand wrapped around my neck and applied pressure as he squeezed my throat. He leaned his face down till we were eye level and snarled, "I can smell you all over her, but I also smell that other jackass too. My sister isn't a toy to be shared, do I make myself clear?" Just like Quinn, her brother gave off a strong aura of dominance. But I wasn't going to submit to some homicidal maniac. "Crystal fucking clear," I snarled back, and bared my teeth in his face.

"Get your fucking hands off him." We both whipped our heads to the sound of Quinn's deep animalistic voice. Her brother released his grip of my throat and smiled widely at her, "Quinn, you're awake." He walked over to her and grazed his fingers along her cheek. She smacked his hand away and hissed. Sliding off the table she lowered her shirt down. Quinn slammed the phone on the table and ripped the earbuds from her ears. She looked up at the man before her. She avoided getting too close to him as she maneuvered herself around the table. Her boots stomped across the room as she came towards me and brushed her fingers through my hair. Her beautiful eyes looked me up and down, scanning over my entire body. "Are you alright?"she asked, worry laced her sweet voice. I smirked and leaned my face closer to hers, our lips barely touching. "I'm fine," I promised her. My eyes lowered to her stomach, instinctively I placed my hand on it. Is it possible our child could be in there? Am I ready to be a father?

I imagined Quinn's belly round and carrying our children. Just the thought of her being a mother made me smile. "Atlas, why are you smiling?" I looked up to see her watching me with those concerned filled eyes of hers. I chuckled and kissed her cheek, "Just thought of something that made me happy is all." She nodded her head and didn't probe any further. "You never mentioned you had a brother," I said as my eyes flicked to the man standing nearby watching us like a hawk. The doctor and his colleagues stood huddled together watching the interaction between the three of us with curiosity. She turned her head to face the man that looked like her, "My brother is dead." The man chuckled deeply and scratched his neck, "Not the kind of reunion I was expecting." She narrowed her eyes, "Reunion?" He walked over to Dr. Federico and stood beside him.