Chapter 13

Karishma came inside her house opening the main door as quietly as possible, just hoping to enter her room avoiding any direct interaction with Haseena as she was fuming in anger after Santu's exclusive revelation.

She heard loud sounds of utensils falling down in the kitchen. She gulped her throat knowing who it must be. Before she could tip-toe to her room, haseena's voice shook her as she kept her hand on her heart & closing her eyes with a caught expression - "Badi jaldi me lag rahi hain aap Rishu ji.."

Karishma on finding no other way, turned towards haseena with a weird smile, who was holding a glass in her hand - "Hume kaha jaldi hai, hum to soch rahe the ki change kar ke aate hai seedhe, fir dinner karenge."

Haseena stepped towards her with the plate and said - Ji nahi pehle baat khatam hogi, fir kuch aur.

Karishma pleaded holding the plate from her hand in fear - han to karte hai na baat, aap ye glass de dijiye hume, gusse me chala diya aapne to bekar me Sar fut jayega hamara.

Haseena gives her an intense look and tries to snatch away the glass from her hand but it slipped from their hands and broke into pieces after falling on the floor. Karishma looks at her with poor eyes and says - Aap itni ziddi kyu hain.

Haseena stares her angrily - Ha ye bhi hamari galti hai, hum hi ziddi hai, thik hai fir hum hi chale jate hai.

She goes to move towards the kitchen in anger and was about to step on the glass piece, but Karishma saw it and yelled - "Haseena, dekh ke kaanch hai udhar", keeping her hand below haseena's foot in a fraction of second and as haseena kept her foot, the glass pieces pierced Karishma's palm & she winced a bit.

Haseena shockingly looked at Karishma who had tightly closed her eyes due to pain, moved her step back and held her hand with panic & immediately pressed it with her hand to stop the bleeding.

"Maaf kar dijiye hume, pata nahi kaise gusse me dhyan hi nahi rha. Aap aayiye pehle baithiye yaha." - She said in a crying tone and made her sit on the couch nearby.

Karishma noticed her tears and her unusual panicked state. She remembered the day ammi was admitted, she had the same kind of emotional breakdown. It didn't take her much time to realise that Haseena is extremely sensitive in these kinds of situations & gets easily anxious.

She said in a calm manner while holding her trembling hand - Suniye, suniye pehle hamari baat..Lambi saans lijiye pehle toh, Aap aise ghabra jayengi to first aid kaun karega han..Sab thik hai, bahot chota sa cut hai, ghar ka kaam karte hue aksar lag jaati hai na.

Haseena relaxed a bit, nodding hastily, bringing the first aid box & started cleaning her wound blowing some air on her wound. She tied a bandage around her hand, and looked at Karishma saying with a guilty look - I am really sorry, Hume aise bartav nahi karna chahiye tha, par aapko bhi koi zarurat nahi thi ye sab karne ki, hume chot lagti to hume sabak bhi milta na.

Karishma was looking at her with a loving smile all this while. Haseena had a cute frown on her face and she was wiping her tears with back of her hand, while scolding her simultaneously.

Karishma said with a smile - Aise kaise hone de sakte hai hum..Waise aapki baat ka jawab dena tha na hume. Batayiye kya keh rahi thi aap..Par uske pehle ek baat puche hum aapse?

Haseena shook her head and Karishma asked calmly - Aap hamesha hi itna panic ho jati hain kya aisi stithi me, kyuki humne uss din hospital me bhi gaur kiya tha. Aap to itni strong aur shaant rehne wali vyakti hain, fir aise..

Haseena nodded sadly in No and said - Hamare abbu ke Saheed hone ke baad se hi hamare mann me ek darr sa baith gya hai, hamare kareebi logon ko kho dene ka, hume anxiety attacks ki problem hone lagi thi kuch waqt ke liye. Ab ye control me hai magar fir bhi aise situations me aksar hume ghabrahat hone lagti hai abhi bhi. Pata nahi kaise, par aapko chot lagi to humne aise react kar diya, sorry agar aapko pareshan kiya.