Chapter 28

Haseena entered the house with an irritated expression as Karishma has not arrived home yet. She checked for her bike in the parking lot but it was not there. She didn't even come back to thana after that incident. Haseena mumbled to herself in an irked tone "Yaar kaha reh gayi ye.. Inka phone bhi tut gaya hai, kaise call karenge ab."
She goes to freshen up with an upset mood.

As she came out of her room after changing into casuals, she saw Karishma hammering a nail into the wall near her parents photo frame. She quickly asked "Aap kaha chali gayi thi, hum kitna pareshan ho rahe the. Ye bilkul achi baat nhi hai Karishma."

Karishma looked back at her with a smile while Haseena looked at her in amusement. Karishma takes out a new photo frame and removes the paper cover from it. She then placed the frame carefully on the wall with a wide smile. Haseena moved forward to have a look at the photo frame & the moment she saw it clearly, her eyes got filled with tears as she was overwhelmed with happiness.

She looked at Karishma with an unbelievable expression and unable to contain her emotions, she just hugged Karishma tightly & spoke with choked voice "Aapne ye kab banwaya, ye abbu ki tasveer kaha se mili aapko, thank you so much Karishma, thank you, I love you so much..thank you!"

Karishma smiled and hugged her back saying "Arey bus bus hamari Tweety, kitna bolti hain aap."

Haseena broke the hug after sometime and kissed her cheek asking in confusion "Tweety kya hai waise?"

Karishma said with a proud smile "Tweety matlab aap, hamari cute si chidiya hai na aap, jo bus bolte rehti hai, aur jo bhi bolti hai sunne me kitna meetha lagta hai."

Haseena hits her arm in a playful way and says "Aap change kar lijiye, hum Khana nikalte hain."

Karishma shook her head with a smile and went to her room. Haseena just looked at her with a layer of sadness and thought "Sab takleef apne andar daba kar, kaise muskurahat se chhupa leti hain aap."

Both had their dinner with little casual conversation. After that haseena went to her room for sleeping. She waited for Karishma for a while sitting on the bed but when she didn't come into the room, haseena moved out to call her.

She found that Karishma was not at home and the main door was open. She understood that she must have gone to the terrace. She too moved outside locking the door behind.

.
.

Karishma was silently sitting at a corner near the railing with closed eyes and earbuds with music. Her face looked dejected which made haseena upset and she moved towards her.

Haseena sat beside her without disturbing her, closely looking at her face. Karishma felt someone's presence beside her and she opened her eyes. She turned off the music and asked with a little confusion "Aap yaha kyu aayi hai, neend nahi aa rahi thi kya?"

Haseena stared at her for a moment intently and replied in a calm tone "Humein aapke bagair neend nahi aati hai aajkal. Aur aap jaag rahi hain, ye sochkar to bilkul bhi nahi aayegi."

Karishma didn't look at her and said calmly "Thik hai aap chaliye, hum bus thodi der me aate hain."

Haseena said a little adamantly "Nahi aap abhi chaliye, ya fir hum bhi rukte hai thodi der yahi."

Karishma looked at her in a little irked way and said in a pleading tone "Haseena, bus thodi der akele rehna chahte hain. Please!"

Haseena kept her head on her shoulder and said in soft tone "Maaf kijiye, lekin aise mood me aapko akela nahi chhor sakte hai hum."

Karishma closed her eyes to calm herself down "Humare mood ko kuch bhi nahi hua, aap please chaliye na neeche, hum aate hai aapke peeche se."

Haseena round her hands around her arm and raised her head to see her face. She added calmly "Kyu pareshan hai aap uski baaton se, kya farq padta hai wo kya kehta hai usse, hmm.."