Chapter 42

Karishma made haseena sit on the bed carefully and kept a pillow for supporting her back. She brings another cushion and kept it under her leg. She did all this without uttering a word and moved towards the washroom to freshen up. All this while Haseena was just stealing glances at her and thinking about the ways to pacify her.

Karishma came out and quickly moved outside the room before Haseena could say something. She returned in some time with a dinner plate in her hand. She took a seat on the edge of the bed and forwarded a spoonful of rice towards haseena without making any eye contact with her. Haseena didn't opened her mouth and just stared at her blankly. Karishma looked at her and said in a normal voice "Kha lijiye, dawai bhi khani hai abhi."

Haseena glared at her sternly and said "Nahi khayenge, bilkul bhi. Aapne khaya hai kal se kuch bhi?"

Karishma replied in a confident tone turning her face to the other side "Humne kha liya hai khana..Aap kha lijiye chup chap."

Haseena smirked looking at her and said "Aapse jhuth nahi bola jata na!"

Karishma glared at her and replied in an upset tone "Lekin aapse sach bakhubi chupaya jata hai. Kha lijiye shaanti se."

Haseena could not find words for a moment and Karishma again moved the spoon towards her. Haseena looked at her in annoyance and said "Aap nahi khayengi toh hum bhi nahi khane wale hain, chahe jo ho jaye. Sorry bola na humne, ab kitni baar maafi maange."

Karishma said in a stern tone "Aapko agar yeh itni choti si baat lag rahi hai jo sorry bol kar khatam ho jayegi to aisa sambhav nahi hai."

Haseena took a deep breath and said in a firm voice "Isliye nahi bataya tha aapko, aapke iss gusse ki wajah se. Ha maante hai humne uss Vikram se jhuth kaha, kyuki humein laga tha ki fir woh aapke peeche padd jayega. Phir jab usne humein dhamki di toh batana chahiye tha lekin hum jante the, aap uska kaisa hashra karengi. Jaise ki kal aapne kiya, uska accident karwa kar. Gusse me sab bhul jati hain aap. Aapke bhale ke liye kiya humne ye sab. Humein nahi pata tha, baat itni badh jayegi."

Karishma said in anger but tears formed in her eyes "Lekin badh gayi na baat, humare chakkar me aap hospital pahuch gayi na. Kuch bhi ho jata aapko toh hum khud ko kabhi maaf kar pate kya? Aur ammi, unko kya jawab dete?"

Haseena looked at her in concern & tried to interrupt but Karishma didn't let her speak and said in a disheartened manner "Hum maante hai humein jaldi gussa aata hai aur hum kuch bhi kar jate hai uss gusse me. Lekin hum to hamesha se hi aise hai na. Hamare iss swabhav ki wajah se aaplogon ne humein iss kaabil hi nahi samjha ki itni badi baat bhi humein bata sakein. Agar aap log khul kar humse apni pareshani bhi nahi keh paa rahe hain to jaahir si baat hai ki ya toh humari hi koi galti rahi hogi aur kisi ka bhi bharosa jeet paane me hum hi asafal rahe honge. Aap nahi samjh payengi hum kaisa mehsoos kar rahe hain aur na hum samjha payenge. Toh rehne dete hain. Aapko ab aaram karna chahiye, toh please meharbani kar ke khana kha lijiye."

Haseena tried to cup her face with her one hand but Karishma moved back and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes. Karishma picked up a spoonful of rice and ate herself. Then again forwarded a morsel towards Haseena which she ate quietly while glancing at Karishma's upset face. Like this Karishma feeds her dinner while eating herself once or twice. She cleaned her mouth and made her drink some water. Then goes out to keep the plate in the kitchen.

As she entered the room again locking it behind, haseena said with a bit hesitant tone "woh humein washroom jana tha. Aur bagair brush kiye sone ki aadat bhi nahi hai, toh.."

Karishma shook her head in understanding and helped her in walking towards the washroom holding her firmly and putting all her weight on herself, so that Haseena's sprained foot is not pressurized much. She waited outside the washroom closing the door. Haseena called her inside after sometime. Karishma helped her stand near the washbasin and herself started to brush her teeth. She then washed her face with cold water & wiped it gently with the towel.