Chapter 70

Karishma was driving towards the headquarters silently as she thought that Haseena would not talk to her because she was angry. Haseena was looking at her with the corner of her eyes. Haseena thought to tease her a little.

She asked in a fake serious tone "Karishma Singh, aapki tabiyat thik hai na?"

Karishma glanced at her once without giving any reaction and then replied casually after looking towards the road "Ji madam sir."

Haseena suppressed her smile and asked mischievously "Toh aisi shakal kyu bana rakhi hai, jaise ke biwi bhaag gayi ho."

Karishma understood her prank and replied in a casual tone "Bhaagi nahi hain Ruth ke mayke chali gayi hai."

Haseena smiled and said "Toh mana lijiye."

Karishma smirked & said "Seedha seedha boliye na, maan gayi hain aap. Itna drama kahe kar rahi hain."

Haseena said with an apologetic smile "Jyada kar diya na humne. Maaf kar dijiye humein."

Karishma stared at her once with a serious face and then smiled saying "Jane dijiye, jo hua so hua."

Haseena quickly pulled her cheek and said in a loving tone "Hamari sweetu Rishu ji."

Karishma looked at her with a surprised smile and said "Ab ye naya naam hai."

Haseena said with a smile "Ji, hamari Rishu hai hi itni sweet sweet aur pyari pyari."

Karishma chuckled at her childish behaviour and was about to say something when a van overtook them and blocked their way. Karishma quickly applied the brakes. That route didn't usually have much traffic and today was no different.

Karishma's expression quickly changed to a serious one and she glanced worriedly at Haseena. Haseena also looked at that and was equally startled with the situation.

Before they could understand something seven-eight men got down from the Van. Their evil intentions were crystal clear, with the hockey sticks, knives and other sorts of weapons which they were carrying. Karishma tried to reverse the car but another van had already blocked their way.

Karishma said hurriedly while taking out her gun, grasping the gravity of the moment "Madam Sir, Aap Thane me inform kariye aur unhe yaha bula lijiye. Zarurat parr sakti hai. Aur aap jeep se bahar mat nikaliyega."

Haseena said in a stern tone "Senior hum hain Karishma Singh."

One of the men, hit the windshield with an iron rod, damaging it to a large extent but luckily it didn't broke completely so both of them were left unharmed. Karishma said in a firm tone "Madam sir, tabhi keh rahe hain, aapki suraksha hamari zimmedari hai. Yeh behes ka waqt nahi hai. Aap backup bulaiye, aur kisi bhi keemat par bahar mat aayiyega aap. Hum sambhal lenge."

Saying this she moved outside the jeep with the gun in her hand. Haseena looked at her worriedly and quickly tried to drop a message for backup while loading her gun.

Karishma aimed towards two men walking towards her and shot them on their legs without wasting time. One goon tried to hit her with the rod, but she dodged it effortlessly and hit her fist on his nose roughly. Blood splattered on the road as her fell down with a thud.

Haseena too came out of the jeep and fired her gun at a man standing near the door and was waiting to attack on her with a hockey stick. Then kicked another person moving towards her, making him taste the soil.

Both were giving the goons a very tough time and were engaged in the fight fearlessly. A man tried to stab Karishma from behind but Haseena quickly punched him harshly. The man stumbled a little, but then leaped towards Haseena with a knife in his hand.

Haseena tried to aim her gun towards him, but he held her wrist tightly and in that struggle Haseena's forearm got injured with his knife. Haseena yelped in pain which made Karishma look at her with worry.

As Karishma saw Haseena's arm bleeding and the man who was still struggling to stab her with his knife, Karishma ruthlessly twisted the neck of the person who was currently in her hold and then moved towards them. The scene was enough to make her blood boil and her eyes had got red due to the extreme rage.

She held his hand firmly and twisted his wrist making the knife fall from his hand. Two men tried to come near them but Karishma shot them right away without even looking away from the man who was in her hold. Her anger-filled eyes were enough to scare him to his core.

Karishma held his throat tightly making him choke and dragged him away from Haseena. She banged his head on the windshield of the car and then roared in a dangerous voice filled with insane anger and possessiveness "Hamari Haseena ko ek kharoch bhi aati hai na, toh hum pralay macha dete hain. Tumne hath bhi kaise lagaya unko."

This was the very first time Haseena got a glimpse of the cruel side of Karishma. She knew that Karishma was always a bit short tempered & believed in violence, but this side of hers was completely different from all that. She was not in her soft hearted version anymore and considering the situation, this was quite obvious. Even Haseena got startled for a second, let alone the terrified state of the other goons.

Karishma left his collar and the poor man fell on the ground bleeding profusely. As Karishma turned towards the other men, they stepped back in fear. One of the man quickly rushed towards his Van and brought a rifle, aiming it at Karishma with trembling hands. He yelled in a warning tone, hiding his scared face "Jaan pyari hai toh door rehna samjhi."

By the time that man was trying to load his rifle and another man came in front of her and Karishma pulled him near harshly with his hair and shot him directly in his chest thrice and said firmly looking at him "Karishma Singh apni Haseena ke liye Jaan de bhi sakti hai, aur jaan le bhi sakti hai. Tu apni chinta kar."

Haseena who was just gazing at her wild and untamed outrage with an extremely shocked expression, shouted from behind in a panicked tone "Karishma Singh, bus kijiye."

Rest of the goons ran away already as soon as they watched Karishma mercilessly killing that man. But she didn't stop and moved towards him fearlessly, throwing her revolver on the ground as there were no bullets left. Then leaped at him snatching away his rifle and started to beat him harshly with the back of that rifle.

Haseena quickly ran towards her and held her from behind through her waist, trying to separate her from that man who was half dead by now. But Karishma was still not ready to leave him.

Haseena yelled in a loud tone "Karishma, Karishma, bus kijiye, kya kar rahi hain aap. Mar jayega woh, shaant ho jayiye. Please please aapko hamari kasam hai. Please shaant ho jayiye."

As Karishma listened to her words, her hands stopped and she threw away the rifle, turning towards Haseena. She cupped Haseena's face and asked quickly in a panicked tone "Tweety, aap thik hain na, aapko jyada chot nahi aayi na? Haan, boliye na..!"

Haseena was surprised to look at the drastic change in Karishma's emotions. Just a few minutes back, she was completely brutal and ferocious. And now she was completely opposite of that. This was her Rishu, her soft hearted, caring and sweet Rishu. She hugged her tightly to calm her down from her panicked state and said in an assuring tone "Hum thik hain. Aap humein kuch hone de sakti hain kya."

Karishma hugged her back, taking a deep breath and placed a kiss on her side head softly. Then she broke the hug and said in a firm tone "Chaliye nikalte hain yaha se pehle."

She grabbed her hand and opened the door of the jeep for her, making Haseena smile at her gentleness. Karishma too got into the driving seat and drove towards the MPT.

****

"Ik lafz-e-mohabbat ka adna ye fasana hai..

Simte toh dil-e-aashiq, phaile to zamana hai."