Chapter 23

After getting ready for thana, Haseena knocked on the door of Karishma's room. When Karishma didn't respond after knocking twice, Haseena rotated the knob and entered her room, only to find her sleeping covered with a duvet completely as per her habit. She slowly went near her and removed the duvet from her face. Karishma was in deep slumber due to exhaustion. Haseena didn't want to wake her up, but as per Dsp's call, there was some emergency and Karishma was also required to be there on duty. She caressed her hair for sometime, gazing at her calm and innocent face while sleeping & then called her gently - Karishma..

Karishma being in sound sleep didn't move a bit. Haseena smiled at this as she keeps her hand on her forehead again to caress it but found it to be a bit warm. She looked at her worriedly and touched her neck to confirm about the fever. She called her again - Karishma!!

Karishma opened her eyes which were still heavy due to sleep and fever. She sat up slowly on seeing haseena ready for the thana in her uniform. She asked in a sleepy tone - kya hua haseena. Kuch kaam hai kya?

Haseena quickly said with concern - aapko toh fever h Karishma. Maaf kijiyega magar DSP sir ne humein bulaya hai urgently, shayad koi emergency hai shehar me. Par yaha aaye to dekha aapko bukhar h. Hum DSP sir se baat karte hain ki aapki tabiyat sahi nahi hai."

Karishma said in a normal tone - "Nahi wo lagta hai thakawat ki wajah se mild fever aaya hai. Abhi ek medicine le lenge aur sahi ho jayenge. DSP sir ne bulaya hai to kuch to baat hui hogi. Jana hoga hmlogon ko."

Haseena nodded half-heartedly and Karishma went to get ready while yawning with sleepy eyes.

.
.

Haseena was waiting in the jeep for Karishma in the parking area. Karishma came downstairs and was about to move towards her bike when haseena called her.

Haseena said - "Aap aaj bike se mat jayiye, hamare sath hi chaliye. Neend me lag rahi hain aap."

Karishma said with a proud tone - "Arey hum bike aankh band kar ke bhi chala sakte hain..aap hamare talent par shaq mat kijiye aise."

Haseena said with a strict tone - "baith jayiye chup chap jeep me, bade bade dialogues nahi chalte hai real life me."

Karishma unwillingly got inside her jeep saying with pout on her face - "Ama to hum kaha dialogue maar rahe, sach bata rahe hain."

Haseena raised her eyebrows and replied in a stern tone - "Bike reality me chalani hai, Circus ke maut ke kuye me nahi, aur reality me na gir jane se haath pair tut sakte hain logon ke."

Karishma shook her head in disbelief & replied nonchalantly while wearing the seat belt - "Ha ha, nikal bhi lete hain bahot log. Par hume hamari driving skills pe bharosa hai."

Haseena looked at her with a displeased expression and said furiously - "Utariye gaadi se aap, neeche utariye abhi ke abhi. Jayiye aap auto se aayiye."

Karishma looked at her with a poor face - "Nahi hum jeep me hi thik hai, chaliye chalte hain."

Haseena started the jeep while glaring at her in annoyance and drove towards thana.

.
.

DSP sir & various other officers were already present in the MPT and all MPT members were waiting for their seniors to arrive with tensed faces. As soon as KarEena reached, they got to know that two of the members from Karishma's team have been abducted by a group of armed terrorists and held hostage in a nearby shopping mall along with many civilians. There was a crowd gathered outside the thana demanding safe rescue of the people stuck there and family members of the abducted officers were also present there.