Chapter 32

(Monday)

I woke up with a smile on my face.

Though the chances of seeing him was slim cuz it was a morning class, I was hopeful. I was hopeful yesterday too but sadly it was for nothing as he was busy. He texted me late last night apologising for not returning my call earlier because he had to run an errand. It wasn't nice going the whole day with the constant thoughts of negativity but I had to remind myself of reality.

We kissed.

That didn't mean much. He didn't promise me anything and things didn't have to change between us. But judge my heart for believing that things will be different.

I got changed in the bathroom while constantly looking at my smiling reflection in the mirror, not caring at how rosy and chubby my cheeks got and tiny my eyes squinted. I woke up in a good mood, a delicacy I didn't have for a few days now and I planned to take advantage of it as much as possible.

Some could argue that the day was not any different than others, but for me the puffy clouds floating by seemed to have been whiter and so was the sound of birds chirping whistled to a sweet melody compared to their usual, repetitive hymns.

I spent a few minutes out enjoying the sun so by the time I went to class, there were already students inside. I took my normal seat and less than a minute later he walked in. I checked that the seats next to me were empty but he walked passed, going straight to the back along with Jackson without a single glance my way.

My brows furrowed.

This was not a scene I was expecting but again, he didn't promise anything.

I fixed my posture and proceeded to take out my stuffs as the professor walked in, acting like my feelings wasn't bruised a little.