lover.

song; lover // taylor swift

harry xx

"Cause baby you were the love of my life," I sing softly as I strum my guitar. Stopping immediately not liking the lyric or melody. I sigh as I sit the guitar down on the rest.

Nothing has been sounding right.

Pinching the bridge of my nose hoping that an idea would come to me...but nothing. "What is wrong with me?" I ask myself. "Nothing is wrong with you," I look up and see my mum standing in the doorway to the den. I chuckle to myself as she walks towards me.

Taking a seat on the old green couch she taps my knee to look at her. "Thought you were coming to get the last bit of your things." She gives me a curious look and I nod. "Yeah I was just killing some time while Margot naps."

Life has been perfect.

At least as perfect as it could be.

Once me and Margot talked a bit more about our future now that we are expecting our sunshine. I decided to move all my stuff across the street, since I basically lived there already. Moving things in increments since there's no point in rushing when my mum lives down the street. It was a smooth transition. I began helping at Canyon Moon, since it started getting busier now that it's an established store in our hometown. Giving both Sophia and Margot more time off then they originally had.

Margot's pregnancy has been flying by it seems like. It's still hard sometimes to wrap my mind around the fact that I am going to be a father. Giving Mar and our sunshine an oath that first night. I'm going to be the best daddy for my little baby. Making sure both of them know I love them forever and always.

I have also been trying to work on music again. But, with the stalemate between me and the label I am not putting an album out anytime soon nor touring for Fine Line and I am perfectly okay with that.

Jeff showed up to town about a month ago. Apparently he was very pissed when he saw that it was my mum opening the door instead of me. Calling me several times demanding I pick up the phone and call him back. I wasn't going to listen to those demands because he doesn't own me anymore but Margot convinced me to just meet with him.

So, I did and I hated every minute of it.

"You couldn't have chosen any other place?" Jeff scoffs as he walks up to the booth I basically reside in. "What you don't like good old small town diners Jeffrey? Afraid of a little grease." I say towards him as he slides into the booth across from me.

Jeff rolls his eyes and I see Darla walking towards me. "Harry! How are you and the family doing?" I smile and nod. I glance over at Jeff who is looking at her disgusted. Eternally rolling my eyes at him, "good good, Margots doing good." She pats my shoulder with a big grin on her face. "When do you guys find out what little sunshine is?"

I feel Jeff staring daggers into me as I focus on talking to Darla. "In about a month actually and it's actually getting so real now." I chuckle and she joins. "Oh you guys are about to be the best parents." I go to respond to her but Jeff interrupts us by clearing his throat.

Both Darla and I turn to him, "excuse me it's rude to not take a patrons order." Darla looks at me in disgust and I nod showing I agree with her. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't realize you owned my diner. Now what can I get you?" She says very passive aggressively.

"I'm not eating any of this dog food so I'll take a fresh coffee." He says putting emphasis on fresh. She smiles at him as he looks at his phone. Rolling her eyes she looks at me, "you want your normal?" I nod as my lips form a line. Darla smiling at me before starting to walk away.