pure imagination.

tw: birth, mentions of accidents, mentions of death

-baby sunshine is making her appearance today

song; pure imagination // fiona apple

margot xx

3:05 pm

"Please drive safe, I need you alive." I breathe out the things I tell him whenever we say goodbye to each other.

"I will. Promise pearl. I love you forever and always."

"Forever and always."

I hang up the phone and I nod, closing my eyes. Mentally preparing for what is about to happen. All of these mommy blogs and books you read and study to prepare for you to have a child of your own never mention how much mental preparation it takes to give birth.

I open my eyes and see Lex running and grabbing my things, "Hey Soph can you call Anne? Tell her what's going on and have her bring the four bags sitting next to the coat rack in the house?" She nods, grabbing her phone and calling Anne. Lex is back with my purse in her hands with a smile plastered on her face.

I pull her into a hug, holding her tight as she lets out a breathy chuckle. "What's this for Mar?"

Lex has only been in my life for a few months but she was the biggest blessing I could ask for. Quickly becoming one of my best friends. We got so close...and I don't know what it is that did that. She reminds me so much of what it would be like if Ronan was still here. I just want to protect her from everything like if she was a younger sibling. I never thought I would have that spark in my heart for someone. That spark I had every time I looked into his eyes. That spark I felt hearing him run down the hallway. But, it's a nice feeling.

I shrug, "I don't know, it felt necessary." I hear Sophia finishing up on the phone with Anne so I pull away from Lex. "Okay, so you know what you need to do to close. If someone asks where I am, come up with an elaborate story that I became a mermaid or something." Lex lets out a belly chuckle causing me to laugh as I feel a contraction coming.

Okay Mar, count the contractions.

1. Deep breath, in and out.

2. 3. 4. 5.

6. Keep breathing, you got this.

7. 8. 9. 10.

The contraction fades away after ten seconds. "Soph we gotta go!" I rush out as I walk around lex. Sophia runs over and helps me to my car that sits in the front of the store. "Lex, I will keep you updated." She breathes out as I rummage through my purse for my keys. Unlocking the car I throw them to her before making my way to the passenger side of the car. Sophia gets in the driver's side and quickly turns the car on.

"Is Anne meeting us there?" She nods as she looks to see if she can pull out of the street parking. I nod as I take a few breaths as the next contraction comes. I bite down on my bottom lip as I count the seconds.

Sophia turns the dial up for the radio as I completely forget that my phone is connected. Pure Imagination begins playing and the bells instantly calm down the existing nerves.

My favorite song.

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

The contraction stops.

We'll begin with a spin
Traveling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy
Explanation