Chapter 10

I look out of the huge window in my room

I look out of the huge window in my room. The key is beautiful and the moon is shining brightly. Just like someone's eyes. I stare at the moon more like I'm trying to find something there or maybe someone. Maa used to say there's the one who created this world and us. She used to say that he knows everything that is in our heart and he always helps us . I think this is rubbish. Where is he? What is he doing and why is he even hiding? Did he not see my mother breaking? Did he not see the people in pain? Why is he not helping them? Can't he see the pain behind the smile.

So where is he?

I don't believe in any God, Krishna or Allah. Because none of them came and helped my family when they were falling apart. Maybe maa still believes he is here but I don't. Because I still can hear my maa's crying sound, I can hear her heart breaking. I still hear those haunting voices. I never saw anyone coming and helping us. Why do I need to believe in something that's not even here? No one is listening to the heart that is breaking.

“ Bro what are you looking at while standing here “ I turned around and her Ahad was standing, he had two cups of Chai in his hand I smiled as he walked near me now we both were standing near the window . He handed me the cup .

“ I was just thinking about— “ I paused, not knowing how to put this into words . He turned to me and smiled.

“ You were finding the one who created this all “ He said taking a sip and I looked at him with a little wide eyes. He smiled.

“ How do you know? “ I asked, raising an eyebrow towards him. “ I know you Rohan, the look on your face always represents what's in your mind. “ Am I easy to read?

“ And you know Rohan , maybe you are not connected to Allah or by what name you want to call him. But trust me there will be a day when you will turn toward him . You will find him but it's just he will decide when? “

I want to laugh at his face, and tell him he is also believing someone that doesn't even exist. But I didn't think the look on his face was telling something more than I can read. His shining eyes and relaxed face. He is relaxed and real calm .

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled him away from the Window.

“ Anyways if you are done, we need to leave for our farm house because these women want this house to themselves.“

“ Does it mean they are doing a girls ' party all alone?“ I asked with a pout Ahad laughed.

“ Don't worry, I have decided much better. Come down stairs after wearing something warm “ He said leaving the room . I shook my head and went to my bag and pulled out my jacket.