Chapter 25

HAYA

A smile played on my lips as I watched Rohan work. He looked so focused, his brow furrowed in concentration, a lock of hair falling over his forehead. My heart swelled with a familiar warmth. He was so handsome, and seeing him so determined, so driven, made him even more attractive.

Suddenly, he cleared his throat, startling me a little. "Don't look at me like that, Pyara," he said, a playful smile tugging at his lips. "I'm getting distracted, and I might just kiss you right here."

I laughed, shaking my head. "My poor husband, working so hard. Let me get you some coffee and cake."

He looked up, a genuine grin spreading across his face. He blew me a kiss, his eyes twinkling. "I'm blessed to have you, Pyara," he said softly.

The warmth in my chest intensified. He was the best husband I could ask for, always caring, always loving. With a happy sigh, I turned and headed towards the kitchen. The coffee was brewing, and I carefully placed two slices of cake on a tray. Just as I was about to head back to the office, I stopped short. A low murmur drifted from inside, sending a shiver down my spine.

I pressed my ear against the door, my heart pounding a frantic rhythm against my ribs. Rohan's voice was strained, laced with a tension I couldn't place. Then, another voice, older, gruff, sent a jolt of ice through me. The words were slurred, but their meaning hung heavy in the air.

"So you didn't tell her about our good times. The times when you used to let me use you " His voice was ugly. I could see Rohan getting tensed

" Don't you dare " Rohan warned " You destroyed my life once, I won't let you do it all over again " He stated. The old man laughed a little.

" Your father had no problem when I used you fuck you. He used to stand there and watch while I used his sons body for satisfaction. "

My breath hitched. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My world began to tilt, the familiar comfort of our life together dissolving into a horrifying haze. anger, a sickening sense of– emotions I couldn't even begin to understand swirled within me.

Don't you dare lie, Oberoi was a bad man but he would not-- " Rohan's voice was weak. The old man cut him off .

" He knew and he still let me enter in his little boys room every night. "

Tears pricked my eyes as the conversation continued. Rohan's voice, usually so strong and confident, was weak, laced with a tremor of fear and disgust. The man's words were like a physical blow, each sentence stripping away a layer of trust, of love.

Finally, unable to bear it any longer, I pushed the door open, forcing myself to walk in with my head held high. My voice, though shaky, was firm. "Rohan, here's your coffee," I said, placing the tray on his desk. He looked up, his eyes filled with surprise and a flicker of something else I couldn't decipher.

"And," I continued, my gaze unwavering, "I would like to have some time alone with my husband." I turned towards the old man, his face a mask of confusion. "If you'll excuse us," I added politely, the steel in my voice leaving no room for argument.

The old man hesitated for a moment, his eyes darting between me and Rohan, before nodding curtly and leaving the room. The door clicked shut behind him, leaving an oppressive silence in its wake. I watched Rohan, my mind struggling to process the sad,ugly horrific revelation.