CHAPTER -40

As Bantu and Veer processed Puja's past, they were stunned and got silence , they didn't get, how to react. Veer glanced at Puja, noticing she was struggling to control her tears.

Taking a deep breath, he called her.

Veer: Sorry, Puja. I snapped at you without thinking. I had no idea...

Puja looked up, trying to hold back her tears.

Puja: It's alright, Veer. You didn't know what's going on. If I were in your place may be, I would react the same.

Veer smiled a little nodded.

Bantu: Well, yeah, Puja. We are really sorry about what happened.

Puja felt grateful for their understanding.

Puja: Thank you, Bantu. It means a lot.

Bantu: Um, if it's okay, can I ask something?

Puja: Sure, Bantu. Go ahead.

Bantu: So...uhmm, After you came to live with Raghav Bhai, did your father ever visit you ?

Puja: He may have tried, but Raghav Bhaiya never let him meet us. There was one time he got a chance, and he asked me to forgive him, saying he's our father. But I couldn't, and Raghav Bhai kicked him out.

Veer: Why didn't you file a case against him for murdering your mom ?

Puja: We tried, but he was still in Goa. So we confronted Goa police and that is when he found out about us.He played the victim card, claiming his mental state wasn't good due to business failure.And also after admitted in mental hospital he ran away from there and became a saint in Nepal. Now, he is not legally allowed, but he is trying to visit and has apologized to us. The way he fabricated evidence against us made the police take his side, and it feels like they support him too.

Veer and Bantu looked at each other, overwhelmed by the information.

Puja: It was all too much for Radha. She wanted it to stop, so we decided to start over fresh.

Veer and Bantu looked at each other and their worried looks showing how much they cared.

Veer :  Sorry, Puja.

Bantu : Yeah, we didn't realize.

Puja : It's okay, guys, enough of the apology now.

They smiled at her.

Bantu ; Is that means we are friends now.

Puja : Yup, why not ! ( Smiled)

Suddenly, Veer got through  his bag and pulled out a book.

Veer: Do you perhaps...

Before Veer could finish his sentence, Puja quickly took the book from him.

Puja: Radha had the same book, but she lost it somewhere...

Puja was about to continue, but Veer interrupted.

Veer:...at the arcade. I saw her there.

Bantu: And that's how it all started.

Puja : Wait wait !  What !?

Veer : This book is my mom's. I  mean the writer.

Puja : Really?  Radha will be so happy you know ! she is dieheart fan of her. This book helps her a lot to come out from her tromatic past. She really wanted to meet her.

Veer : She can't. ( He said slowly)

Puja : Why ?

Veer : Because she has passed away when I was twelve.