Chapter 10 - PUERTO RICO (2)

"Ready?", Andy puts on her large backpack. "Yup, let's go", you strap on the backpack too and together you walk into the dense rainforest.

"How long will it take now? Until we get there?", you ask Andy and put your hand to your forehead to look into the distance. "At least two hours, depending on how many breaks we take. "ok...but it's pretty humid here" you start sweating after just a few meters. "we're in the rainforest and not the Arctic" Andy smiles and points to your water. "That's why we have more than enough water with us and there's also a clean water source to refill and refresh us on the way." You take a deep breath and smile. "I'll follow you anywhere Captain!" Your playful undertone was unmistakable.

Plants, ferns and huge palm trees everywhere

Plants, ferns and huge palm trees everywhere. The noise in the forest is surprisingly loud for you and you look around as you walk. "Are there any poisonous snakes here...?" You look around nervously. "As far as I know, there are 11 species of snake here and only one is supposed to be slightly poisonous. Not deadly," Andy takes your hand gently in hers. "Hey, don't worry, they'll hide if they hear us. There are more dangerous animals here than snakes. You look at her with a twitch of your eyebrows.

After a good distance, the forest becomes a little denser and suddenly you hear a loud cracking sound above your heads. Reflexively, you literally jump at Andy and cling to her with a scream: "hahaha hey, there..." Andy calmly points a finger towards the top of the tree as your eyes instantly light up. "wow...Andy that's......beautiful" Two green parrots cuddle up next to each other on a branch.

"We're lucky

"We're lucky...there are only a few of them left here and they're the only species left on the island.

You look totally happy at Andy. "I'm impressed. I didn't know how nice it could be here!" You make it clear and Andy just enjoys the atmosphere between the two of you, smiling at all the joy you're feeling. "That's not all...wait and see when we finally get there" Andy takes your hand and you walk on together, supporting each other with every movement and helping each other up again and again as you climb ever steeper slopes. You finally reach the top. The picture that stretches out before you is a panorama of infinite freedom.