Chapter 26 - Only Human aren't we?

"I'm glad I found you today, Andy" Dian's words, loving and understanding. "I promised my wife that I would seek help" she says without making a face and takes a Donut.

 "I promised my wife that I would seek help" she says without making a face and takes a Donut

"So I am not here today to help yourself, but to do your wife a favor?" Dian asks curiously. "No" Andy looks down as she is visibly uncomfortable. "I don't know who I am anymore...I feel different...since the pregnancy" Andy admits. "I hope you can tell me who I am or how to get back to myself" Andy looks at Dian for help. "tell me Captain" Dian looks honestly at Andy who just smiles. "I don't know," Andy stumbles a little and shrugs her shoulders. "you deny who you are? Is it because you're pregnant? because you can't do your job properly?" she asks insistently, the words weighing more than they should and hitting Andy right in the heart. "I...I'm Andy Herrera...the daughter of Pruit Herrera" Dian listens carefully and gets up to look around her office. "I see something more, you are not only a daughter, but also a strong Latina, leader of a whole team...a person with feelings, who loves and wants to be loved" she stops and Andy chews her lower lip, suppressing her emotions.

a person with feelings, who loves and wants to be loved" she stops and Andy chews her lower lip, suppressing her emotions

"You have come a long way and defied all the things from your past. You have found a new love and yet you are here with me today," she continues.

"I messed up," she says quietly and Dian looks at her, "we all do from time to time, it's important to admit it and grow past it

"I messed up," she says quietly and Dian looks at her, "we all do from time to time, it's important to admit it and grow past it." Dian picks up a photo of you with Andy. "you look happy, what's changed?" she asks. "i've changed.... i know my wife just wants to protect me, i've been so reckless with her feelings. Of course she only means well, but I can't live with it in the long term!" Andy suddenly stands up. "I am the captain of this station, the successor to a legend....as a woman of color!" she looks seriously at Dian, who smiles. "oh? well, you see, you know very well who you are. Listen Andy, you can't control your emotions because you're pregnant. Many women are like that, some more, some less, and yet you love her. If your love is really that strong, then you resist every temptation, no matter how big it is, because you don't want to hurt the person you love."