Chapter 15 - Confidence

"I need a minute to process this..." says Andy and you look at Carina, who understands and nods sympathetically. "If you need anything, just let me know. I'm here anytime." She leaves the room. Andy looks at you for help and can't get a word out.

"It's okay, whatever you decide, we'll work it out

"It's okay, whatever you decide, we'll work it out." You take her face with one hand and Andy can't help but hide her face in your shoulder. She just can't believe it's happened again. pregnant. Again, unintentionally. That was quite a procedure with Ryan. She sheds tears which she hides in you and you stroke her head lovingly. "I'm here..." you whisper and kiss her hair.

Andy continues to hide. "I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can do this again..." You hug her tighter. "if.... you want to keep it, then I'm in and I'll be the mom who needs it. No questions ask. It's just the way it is...I love you and either way we wanted kids. Maybe that was fate too..." Andy looks at you sadly.

"I'm captain...I don't want to give up my title...." Andy lowers her head in disappointment. "It would only be while you're pregnant. As soon as you feel better, you can start as captain again." Andy looks at you thoughtfully and takes a deep breath. "god Robert doesn't know about this...I don't even know if I want to tell him...but he's not stupid. He'll see it and know it's his" Andy is visibly flustered and leans back again.

"It's your decision. You are a woman of color yourself. It certainly wouldn't be that conspicuous" Andy smiles at your uplifting words. "For now, we're not telling him anyway...So we're keeping it?" Andy looks at you questioningly.

"We're keeping it"

You can't help but smile at her. After all you've been through together. You both hug each other when suddenly there's a knock. You break the embrace and Andy calls in. It's Warren who just wanted to let you know that everything is clean and dinner is ready. You join the others in the Beanery and Andy stops for a moment, lost in thoughts as she looks around at the happy group. Everyone is in a good mood, helping themselves to the good food from the table.

Travis holds up a bowl of risotto and grins at Andy. "Hey Captain, one of your favorite meals!" Everyone grins and laughs at the risotto, but Andy waves it off and sits down at the table. "thanks....I'll pass"

I'll pass"