Chapter 7: She made me...

I saw him leaning towards me and my eyes shifted to look at his lips. His eyes were cast down and I could feel the tension between us growing as his lips neared my own. My breath was caught in my throat and my eyes had closed shut anticipating when Jayden would meet my lips with his own.

I felt his head fall forward and his shoulders hunch over. He rested his head on my right shoulder and I could feel his skin burning up. I wrapped my arms around him and laid him back on the bed. I brought my hand on his forehead and I could feel his temperature rising.

"You're getting a fever. Alpha Cairstay said to move you upstairs to your room. Are you comfortable here or are you feeling better enough to make it to your room?" I asked pouring him a glass of water.

"Give me a minute and I'll be fine to walk upstairs." he said and took the glass of water. After a few minutes he opened it eyes and grabbed a button up white shirt and pulled it over his arms and left the top few buttons undone. He got up and began walking to the door. I followed close behind not believing that he felt any better. Yet from what I had learned from my own experiences was that when your hurt it's best to be around a comfortable environment and for him it would be his room.

I walked close behind him as he neared the steps leading upstairs, I saw him sway backwards when his hands went out to grab on to the wall. I walked up to him, ducking under his arms and wrapping my arm around his waist while I clutched his hand in my own. He looked at me, which was when I saw his cheeks were changing to a redder tint and his fingers were becoming colder.

"Lean on me and I'll help you to your room."

He smiled and leaned closer to me I turned my head away from him concealing the blush that this small act had formed on my face. We made it upstairs and I saw Alpha Neal look up and move towards Jayden.

"It's okay, I've got him." I said and steered him to the top floor where all the bedrooms were located. I looked left and right in the hallway not knowing which door led to his room.

"Left and the last door on the right." I felt his lips slightly brush against my earlobe as he said this.

I blushed and felt a shiver run through my body.

Come on Layla. Focus!

I willed my feet to move and began guiding him to the door he had indicated. I pushed open the door and the first thing I noticed was how bare and empty his room looked. There wasn't any indication that showed this room belonged to someone. There weren't any posters on the walls, lose papers on the desk, or any lose clothing lying on the ground.

When my eyes landed on the massive bed I imagined how it would feel to wake up every morning in the arms of the man beside me. I felt Jayden move and noticed his eye lids were drooping down. I pulled back the black sheets on his bed and helped him lay down.

"Thank you Layla." he said and looked up at me. I felt a flutter inside when he said my name and loved how it sounded given his sleep laced and raspy voice. He grabbed my hand and before he fell asleep he said.

"We have a lot to talk about, my mate."

If I died and went to heaven right now I would fight my way back to him because at that second I never felt more love for someone than him.

I watched his sleeping face and wondered how someone so kind and gentle could conspire against his own pack. I remembered Alpha Neal's words and agreed that his decisions were clouded by his wolf. He was not the one at fault.

I returned downstairs after placing a glass or water and some pain killers on his night stand. I was called into Alpha Cairstay's office by someone from the Black Moon Pack. I knocked on the door and heard a muffled "come in".