Chapter 27: Life was...

Alpha Neal, Kate, Jayden and myself were at the front of the group and I could sense my pack behind me. We ran through the trees and I watched as the surrounding foliage zoomed fast beside me. Jayden ran beside me and behind him I saw the Shadows running perfectly in sync behind him. I saw two wolves from my pack running alongside the Shadows as they playfully nudged each other.

I took in all the forest had to offer and I drew in the minty forest scent that I loved. Jayden's dark brown wolf ran beside me and when he sensed my gaze he turned his head and I focussed on those mesmerizing grey eyes.

Mesmerizing? Nice I've never been called that before. His playful voice invaded my mind.

It's not nice to pry into one's personal thoughts. I said in a haughty tone. I raised my head and seeing as Alpha Neal and Kate were stopping by the east border I slowed down to a brisk trot and gave him my full attention.

Beautiful. Talented. Strong. Gorgeous. Kind. Warm. Soft. MINE. Jayden's thoughts were pushed into my mind and I felt him laugh through the mate link. Now tell me Angel, wasn't that fun to listen to the thoughts that are constantly in my mind?

Okay. I'll give you that. It was fun and thank you for the kind thoughts. I said laughing through the link. I felt his emotions through the link and I sensed delight, warmth, humour, and at the top: love.

I felt someone nudging me though the pack link and I opened it to hear.

Alpha Layla I wanted to thank you for what you did before. It was the girl Ryan was intimidating before. She stood a few meters away from me with her family.

No problem. I will not tolerate any bullying or violence within this pack. If anything like that happens again to anyone in the pack I want to know. Alright? My voice was cold and business like.

Yes Alpha. I felt a hint of fear in her words. I didn't want the young wolves to fear me but for them to be comfortable enough with me to have a conversation when needed.

I'm not Alpha yet. Just call me Layla. I smiled through the link and I felt relief from her side.

Thank you and my name is Alex. She said and I felt her nerves go down slightly.

It was very nice to meet you Alex. I said giving and slight nod.

I saw the Shadows and White Thorns standing as one and not two groups. I saw new friendships being formed and new ties between these two packs. My mind went over the events that had happened in such a short time frame that changed who I am as a person.

Before even meeting Jayden I remembered getting up every morning to a prank my brothers had planned for me and having to watch them speed away in Kegan's Jeep while I had to peddle my way to school.

All the humiliating and rude jokes the girls would play in high school rushed back to me and I remembered every time I would run out to the forest or hide inside the school so I wouldn't have to face them.

Now as those same people looked at me instead of fear in my eyes I saw fear and shame in theirs. As the future Alpha they will never be able to harm me. With this power over them I will not stand by and watch them create another "Layla" as long as I live. No one will ever be harmed like I was. Anyone who even tries will be punished by me personally and I know Alpha Neal and Kate would stand by my decision.

Meeting Jayden brought happiness and love into my life. He brought adventure and new friends that made me feel normal. I met Iris and Alexis who accepted me right away and became my friends. The Black Moon Pack accepted and thanked me for helping them. It was the first time in a long time I actually felt needed. Not a liability. Not an outcast.