Chapter 13: I promised...

I was shaken up to say the least. Andrew and Tony had left yesterday after dinner to stay over at a friend's house so I was able to wake up to my alarm clock rather than their morning pranks. But Kegan was home and this threat was still very much real.

Jayden had said that I wouldn't have to face my pack alone at school but I didn't see him in the morning and his car was not in the garage when I went to get my bike.

I was seated in the quad under a tree. The leaves had started to change colour but the remnants of summer still lingered due to the heat. I had my book open on my lap when I began to notice people looking my way but when I looked up instead of doing the usually snicker or laugh they hid their faces from me.

I read two chapters sitting under the shade of the tree when a pair of girls walked up to me. They looked familiar and when the more dominant one of the pair spoke I remembered it was the same girl who gave me advice about mates.

"There is talk about someone dating you. We know it's all a lie but we had to hear it from you." she said flipping her hair over her shoulder. She ducked her head low as we were sharing secrets,

"I know how you feel about mates and all but it's sad you would make up a fake boyfriend."

She gave me a wicked look daring me to prove her wrong. The people around us were beginning to openly pay attention to me and some were giving me pity looks. I guess she spread the word about me pretending to have a boyfriend.

Well she had another thing coming.

"I do have a boyfriend."

I said and without giving her another chance to humiliate me like before, I walked away brushing my shoulder against hers.

I held my head high and didn't crumble under anyone's stare. I had better and more serious things to worry about in life. I walked to my last class and I felt my phone vibrate.

The screen read, Jayden C.

"How do you have my number?" I asked answering it.

"Alpha Neal gave it to me." he said and I could hear people talking in the background.

"Where are you?"

"At your school, what are you doing now?" he said.

"I have my last class then I'm done for the day." I said wondering what he was up to.

"Where is it?" he said quickly.

"Lincoln Hall. Why?" I asked walking up to the building.

"See you there." he said and ended the call.

What?

I walked into the lecture theatre. I was one of the last few students to arrive so that meant every single person's eyes were on me.

Does she really have a boyfriend?

Who would date her? Just look at her body!

I think the guy must be desperate.

She must be an easy lay.

All these comments flooded into my mind through the pack link. I knew how to exclude myself from the link so I could hear everyone but they never knew I could.

It was a blessing but majority of the time it was a curse.

"Hey cutie, who you looking for?" I heard the sultry voice of the girl from before.