Chapter 20: Eyes of a Shadow

A/N WARNING! This chapter does get a little steamy! But it is not explicit. ENJOY!

Chapter 20: Eyes of a Shadow...

I held Jayden's hand as I led him to the small clearing I went to whenever Kegan would hurt me or if I needed a place to clear my mind. He silently walked beside me and I could see the internal battle he was fighting on his face. Like Iris said all I had to do was aid his wolf and help him heal.

Simple, right?

The twigs under our shoes snapped and the leaves rustled in the wind. The forest floor was beginning to get covered in colours of red and yellow. I walked to the big rock I had found as a kid and stopped in front of it.

"This was where I came whenever I wasn't feeling well or when I really missed my parents. The forest always brought me closer to them and made me feel safe. I thought if we were going to help bring you closer to your wolf it should be here." I squeezed his hand and watched him look at the rock. He took my other hand and brought me in front of him.

"If this doesn't work I'm sure there will be another way to break the bond. Don't beat yourself up about it." He said brushing my cheek lightly with his hand. I watched his eyes as they stared into my own and I knew he was saying that for his own satisfaction more than mine.

I gave him a tight smile and nodded. He dropped my hands and closed his eyes. I watched his tense expression and how he brought his eyebrows together in concentration. I watched how the wind carried the longer stands of his hair to his forehead and his strong jaw line tensed when he sensed my stare. He had stubble decorating his defined jaw line making him look older than he actually was. I placed my hand on his cheek and reached up to place a light kiss behind his ear before whispering.

"I'm going to start now."

I pulled back and grabbed his hands in my own. I closed my eyes and tried to find his wolf in him and look past his human side to his animal side. I searched his entire being and scoured his aura. I kept hitting a block when I looked for his soul. I couldn't sense or feel any warmth coming from his subconscious.

"You're blocking me. Allow me access to your mind. Don't be tense."

I saw him nod his head and I tried again searching for the wall built up by his wolf. I kept running into it and I couldn't find a way around it. His wolf wasn't responding to me and Jayden was allowing his human side to conceal him. I made a sound in the back of my throat and I tried again to knock down the wall his wolf created.

"I can feel you inside my body and I know it's not working." Jayden said and pulled his hands away from me. He stepped back and leaned against the rock. He hung his head low and his posture showed exhaustion.

"It's your wolf. I know where he is and he has built a wall around him to protect himself. Your human side has become more dominant. I just need to connect with your wolf." His wolf wasn't recognizing me as his mate but if I were to appeal to his animal instincts then maybe he would feel comfortable enough to let me in. Getting an idea I walked over to Jayden and wedged myself between his legs. I placed my hands on his chest and opened the top three buttons to his shirt.

"Wha─" I didn't let him finish and I ducked my head down to his neck and began planting open mouthed kisses along his pulse. I pulled the elastic band out of my hair and let it fan around us so my scent would be stronger. I heard Jayden groan and he sat up taller on the rock bringing me closer. I pushed his hands off my hips and moved them back on the rock.

"You're not allowed to touch me." I whispered fanning my breath on his ear. I opened another button of his shirt and placed kisses along his chest. I felt him groan and his hands came up to my hips again. But before he could touch me I pushed them back in place at his sides. I felt him becoming impatient and his chest vibrated with an anxious groan. His love for me as a human was still overpowering his primal lust from his wolf. I kissed up his chest until I reached his mouth. I placed light kisses along the side of his lips not fully kissing him but teasing his wolf. My hands found their way under his shirt and I felt his abs clench.