Deaths, that Kill Us

Katniss grabs my hand. Hugo stands alone in the chariot. Someone pulls him into the training center. Katniss hands me a Bow. I haven't touched one since I left District 12. My hands clutche the arrows. Tears run down my face. I remember hunting days and having Crystal come with me. "Kill him." Katniss muffles my thoughts.

"President Snow? I have to kill him?" I ask. Katniss nods. She disappears from my sight and I see President Snow crouched on the balcony. I pull the arrow, and the bow string. I aim, and then let go of the string. The arrow flies, and hits Snow right in the throat. My life flashes before me. I'm not dead, but I just killed somebody. Suddenly I have a thought. This is like practice for the Games.

Katniss looks at me. She nods and then walks to me. We walk to the training center. She is quiet. I am quiet. For crying out loud I just killed someone! I follow her to the elevator. 13 buttons sit on the wall. The thirtieth button is barely touchable because it's so wrecked. Katniss presses the twelfth button and then backs up.

I rest my head on the glass walls as the elevator doors close. I see the mayhem outside. Misson Mockingjay grabs what must be evidence of the killing. No. Not the killing. My killing. I tear up. I fall to the ground in tears. Katniss sits beside me. "You were brave. I'd have to do that after the games." She looks at me. "The bow. It reminded me of home." I whisper.

The elevator beeps. I stand, so does Katniss. The doors open and revial a giant penthouse. Effie greets us. "Welcome! Misson Mockingjay, is working on plan so far Katniss." Katniss nods, and the pull away from me. Hugo sits on the couch, staring at the empty TV. I frown at him. "Congrats on killing Snow." He says without even looking at me.

I nod and leave the room. Before finding my room, I grab something to eat. Simply a steak sandwich. Finally something I've eaten before. I grab a glass of milk as well and then walk to my room. I know which ones mine, because it's written overtop of the door frame. I walk in. The walls are made of pine wood and the only window is stained black. My bed stretches put in front of me.

The closet is giant and you can order full meals in the room. I change into a soft 1 peice pajama set. I forget what the call these here. I've never actually wore one of these. Suddenly someone knocks at my door. I open it to find Katniss. "I forgot to tell you this. Good job on your first kill in The Hunger Games."