Elizabeth Huntvine

I wake up, to my TV blasting on. "Huh" I mutter. The voice blares with a strict voice. "Yesterday. President Snow killed. Rebellion bombing. New president decided by family of Snow." I gasp. All ready? A new president already? "At this moment, the new President will say a few words." The camera zooms to a stage, where a girl stands. Her hair is blonde, and crisp. She wears a thin white dress, embroidered with leaves. "Hello Panem." She says. "I am your new president." A few gasps come the crowd beneath her.

"Calm down. President Snow, unfortunately has been killed, for those who don't know." The girl responds to the gasps. "My name is Elizabeth Huntvine. I am not related to Snow in anyway, but I came second in the Presidential election 14 years ago." My eyes close. I am 16. That makes that election when I was 2. I try to remember, but someone comes and knocks on my door. I turn the TV off and open the door. "Hi." Katniss looks into my eyes. "Hi. What's wrong?" I ask. "You saw we have a new president. I read her Hunger Games, plans..." She gasps. "Since she was to be voted for, her plans went public, and still are."

"She plans to have 12 tributes, instead of 24. Tonight she is having a speech downstairs. She will tell us her plans for the games, and who leaves and who doesn't. There will still be 1 tribute from each district though." Katniss gasps. "Ok.." I proceed back into my room, get dressed, and go for breakfast. Effie stands in the kitchen with a frown on her face. "What's up Effie?" I ask. "The Tribute list, the one now, I'm reading it." She looks up from the sheet of paper in her hands. I take it carefully away from her, and read the list in my head.

District 12: Jewel Everin and Hugo Imith
District 11: Reala Vinedark and Meric Hadin
District 10: Elissa Hairsatv and Catrion Hadejn
District 9: Annabeth Avsa and Baden Wyrs
District 8: Wriena Nowhe and Bolton Eva
District 7: Nalia Gena and Rich Cloa
District 6: Areha Cean and Erix Noab
District 5: Elia Theah and Noahin Zabad
District 4: Briar Astral and Percy Evans
District 3: Astria Galis and Mart Thesn
District 2: Jean Distric and Aamiss Zedd
District 1: Fur Sha and Pelt Sha

My eyes glare at the list. Half of the list will be gone, according to Huntvine's plans. That's when I think, what if I have to go. What if I'm the one staying. What is the purpose of Huntvine's plans?