Dead Jewels

The rest of the book will be in Crystal's P.O.V 😀

~●~

Jewel lays in a hospital bed in front of me. I stare at her, tears forming in my cold eyes. I know she is going to die, but I wish that she won't. Her body is stiff. Charlie sits on the edge of the bed. "It can't be. My sister, a fighter, dead." His eyes are watery and blank. I see a figure appear in the room. Kal. I knew he was here, but didn't tell Jewel. He looks at her. "So. She's accutally near death or dead." His hair is a mess.

I nod. Two days ago, when they brought Jewel here, I stopped talking. I couldn't do it. After all, there isn't a point. Barely any has talked to me in general. I've told myself to try to talk, but I can't bring the strength to do so. After all, my twin sister is dead. She was my other half. My best friend. And yet, she left me. All alone, is this world. I told her months ago, that we wouldn't be reaped for the Games. I told her a lie.

It's my fault. If I didn't tell her that Juliena wanted to talk to her, then she wouldn't have found out the plan. She would have gotten in trouble for not showing up and would have been punished. She wouldn't have gone. She wouldn't have died. My eyes fill up with more tears. I scream. "It's my fault! SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED!" Charlie runs to my side, and shuts my mouth. "Crystal." He looks at me.

"It isn't your fault. It's no one's fault." Charlie's Hands hold my shoulders. He is the brother anyone could ask for. His hair is a mess, but well kept. He isn't annoying as heck, and he supports you when you fall down. I turn around and hug him. "I love you big bro." I stare up at his head. He's always been taller then me and he always will be. I let go of him and look at Jewel. Her eyes flicker open.

She coughs. I look at the lifeline on a screen. She'll die soon, but something inside of her is letting her say her last words. Her last words. "Crystal?" Jewel coughs. "Yes Sis..?" I stare at her. "I love you." She smiles. "I love you too Charlie." Charlie rolls his eyes. Kal looks at Jewel. "I love you Jewel. I've never been able to tell you that, but I do." His green eyes focus on Jewel. "I love you too Kal." Her lips form a smile again.

Kal walks closer to the bed, and plants a kiss on Jewel's lips. She kisses him as well. It's perfect. Jewel's eyes flicker. "Tell Mom, and Erica I love them. And Crystal, you can make it on your own, I know you. You can." Her eyes close and I hear beeps. The lifeline flickers out. She's dead. I tear up again. My sister is officially dead. Kal, looks at me with sore eyes. He walks out, not being able to handle it.

I stare at the wall. Charlie walks away from me. "I'm going to see mom and Erica." He stares up. I nod. My hands touch the bed. Charlie walks out. I sit there, beside my dead sister. "I'll always love you Jewel. By always, I mean even after I get over your death." I look at her. "And I can do it on my own. At least I'll try." Doctors come in. "Please leave now Ms. Everin." One looks at me.

I walk out of the door, staring out. Astria Galis stands there. "She's dead." She predicts. I nod and cry. She looks at the door. "I never got to say goodbye."