Five Days after a Plan

I sit in the tree. It's been five days. No cannons. Astria looks up. "No cannons still?" She has the sleepy look in her eyes. "Yup. Not a single one. " I frown. Astria hisses. "Today we need to make a cannon or two go off." She has a glare out towards the center of the arena. I nod. "Let's pack up the camp then." I jump out of the tree and pull down a tarp from beneath the tree. Astria packs up our tree part of camp. She rolls our sleeping bags and looks down.

As this happens, one loud, cannon goes off. "Jewel.." Astria gasps. I stand there, immune to her talking. Another loud cannon. Four tributes left. Astria shouts out to me. I stare out. "JEWEL?!?" I finally listen to Astria. "Yes..?" "You didn't hear that?" Astria jumps from the tree, all of the stuff that was up there in her arms. I look around. "We need to be quicker. The last two will be out for us." I begin grabbing more stuff, rushing.

There is a loud bang. I hear twigs crunch in the distance. Astria grabs her poison knife, and I quickly pack the last few things. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Astria run. I turn. Two tributes stand there, glaring at Astria. Wriena Nowhe and Erix Noab smile. Astria steps back. She takes the poison knife and pulls it up to her chest. Erix has a smile. I stand up, and think this through. This is the last day of the 80th Hunger Games.

I find a spear on the ground. Astria walks slowly up to Erix. I walk up to Wriena. She holds out a sword. Erix holds out a axe. I know how to do this. I hold out the spear tip to Wriena's neck. She doesn't move and stares at Erix. All I hear is a cannon and a thud of a body falling to the ground. I look, Astria looks at Erix. She comes up to Wriena. A little thin smile pulls up on Wriena's face, and she turns around and runs. I look behind me. A wasp, no a tracker jacker nest lays behind me.

I gasp. Astria screams, she gets stung. "We just need to kill her!" I shout at her over the buzzing of the tracker jackers. She nods, and we run. I see Wriena in the distance. I continue to run. Astria is a few steps behind me. Wriena stops. She looks at me. I don't want to do this slowly. I just take the spear, and immediately stab her in the heart. Astria huffs and puffs behind me. She looks. A cannon goes off. Wriena is dead. I look at Astria and she looks back at me. "We are done. We are done, the 80th Hunger Games." She mutters. Trumpets go off.

"Well. Welcome to the end tributes. Since you final two are an alliance and we have had two tributes win before, you both have won the 80th Hunger Games. The rule book reads that we can allow this. Thank you. A hovercraft will be here to pick you up soon." A loud voice shouts over the arena. I'm confused. There has to be a reason to this. A ladder lowers beside me and Astria. She grabs on. "Come on Jewel." She smiles. I grab on. The ladder pulls us up to the hovercraft.

I stand up, as a trapdoor closes beneath us. A Peacekeeper looks at me, and just injects something into my skin. I become dizzy, and cold. "You will fall asleep soon, don't fight it." The Peacekeeper has a familiar voice. I try to remember who she is, but I don't really care at this moment in time. A voice talks across the room. "They were allowed, because we don't want the rebellion to attack us, yet. Also, Katniss Everdeen's death is almost complete." I try to register what that means, but I can't. What ever thing the Peacekeeper injected me with, is making my mind freeze up.

My mind manages to register what that person said. Katniss is being tortured. Katniss is going to die. I was speared by the Capitol in the games because they didn't want the rebellion tho attack them. I hear a click. My wrists are cuffed to the seat. My legs are locked in place. "Don't struggle Jewel. We need to just be calm." Astria looks at me from the across from those room. I blink. My eyes don't open. I've blacked out.