District Escape

I wake, in a hospital like room. Curtains hang on each side of me. I can see people walking by my curtain, pointing and gasping. I sit up. Where am I? My head aches. A boy with blonde hair and a recognizable smile, looks at me. Peeta. He has circles under his eyes. I know he must be missing Katniss and from what I thought I heard, before blacking out in the hovercraft, Katniss could be dead.

He holds two cups with black lids on them. "Hi." I say. My arms are held down by tubes, with flowing liquid inside. Peeta bends down and pushes a button. The tubes come off and connect to each other. He hands me one of the cups. I look at it. It burns my hand with heat. I take a sip. It has a sugary taste. As I swallow it, the liquid burns my throat. Peeta sits up. "You and Astria will be taken to District 13 tomorrow. I will come and take you. Someone else, Gale Hawthorne will take Astria. You follow my directions. Ok?" His eyes focus on mine. I nod.

I've never met Gale Hawthorne. I believe he is Katniss's friend. Peeta walks off and takes his cup with him. I lay there, wondering about what is happening to Katniss. Cold air blasts on me. A shiver goes down my spine and makes me shake. I take a sip of the sugary drink. It is colder and doesn't burn my throat this time. I bend down. My eyes flicker out.

Later...

I wake. Loud alarms blare. No tubes or cuffs hold me down on my bed. Peeta runs to my curtain. He rips it off. "Quick. Now. Your in OK clothing." His sweater on backwards, and he smells likes fire. I nod. My body is covered in a thin jumpsuit. I run, following Peeta through the hospital. Finally we reach the exit. Three black hovercrafts are landed in front of me. I run into the closest. I hear a loud bang.

The hovercraft takes off as Peeta finds a seat. "Astria made it." He looks at me. I nod. I stand up from my seat and watch out one of the tinted windows. Fire is spread out beneath the hovercraft. A loud buzzing comes from the floor. Peeta walks to me. He hands me a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. "Thanks." I smile. He nods and points over to a curtain. I walk to it and change.

My hands clutch the curtain. I walk out. A women with taped glasses and a black jumpsuit greats me. "Hello." She smiles. "My name is Juliena. I am the new Co-leader of Misson Mockingjay." I frown. "Who was the old Co-leader...?" I know it must have been Katniss. "I know who you think I replaced. Yes, I did replace Katniss Everdeen. She unfortunately has come to the end of her -" She breaks off. I see Peeta on a seat, in tears.

"She's dead." I gasp out of my throat. My eyes fill of water. Juliena nods. "I'm sorry." She looks at the ground. I grasp a hold of my legs and bend down. Katniss Everdeen, the girl who survived the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, the girl who introduced me to the Rebellion, is dead. I take it harder than I should. "Half of your district is also, dead." Juliena stares down at me. Crystal, Erica. My eyes burn.

"No!!" I scream. My mind tells me to be calm, and not worry. My family could be alive. Right? They could also be dead. I push that out of my mind. The memories have the games fill it's place. I try and push my mind into happy thoughts. All I see is me killing Wriena, me tossing Reala's body in the endless river. I grasp ahold on myself. I give up. My hands collapse on to my lap. My head becomes heavy. I feel heat flood through my body. "We are almost there." Someone shouts out.

I saw this while writing..

I have to admit, I may of got distracted.. Anyways, I hope you liked that chapter 😉