~5~

"A false hope gives only false comfort." 

                                                                                                      -Gene Brewer

  "Hey hey movin so quick! Hard to catch you.." Called John. John from the party on saturday. He lightly touched Emily's arm. She spun around with wide eyes, smiled softly and greeted him. They were bunched up in the crowded school hallways during passing. He fumbled with his words, blinked in a hyperactive jittery way and did lots of hand gesturing as he finally got out that he wanted to take Emily out on a date. Emily forced on a smile and a stiff nod when she heard this, listening to him talk some more. Come on guy we just met , Emily thought. He wiped his arm over his forehead as the sweat started to build up, he was a wreck.

 A fairly cute elvis look alike wreck. She let her eyes dart from side to side and she wiggled nervously in her red pumps trying to come up with something to say to him. She didn't want to deny such a sweet guy, and he was trying so hard just to come up with the words to say. It was adorable. Though that was true she barely knew him and she wasn't trying to get into a relationship with anyone. Her breakup with Jake was still tormenting her. Her palms got sweaty as she realized she was leaving him hanging. She wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt. His eyes were so full of hope. With an open gape and reluctant eyes she spit, "What the heck!" With a nervous smile. 

"Ah Great! I'll get your number and text you - how about the pizzeria? On Wolkberg street downtown? On saturday - I'll pick you up at 7?" He asked excitedly.

"Sure." She nodded.

"Alright - I'll see you then talk to you soon!"