~28~

"Go with your gut."

Dave drives 2 hours out to check on Charlie every 2 weeks he came to her house one night to have dinner with Charlie's family. After a dinner of baked bean, mashed potatoes, rolls with honey butter, and steamed carrots Dave and Charlie hung out on the porch.

"Thanks for coming out." Charlie smiled.

"Always, anytime." Dave smiled. 

He chatted with her about his mom being in the hospital with collapsing lungs. She was having all types of tests done.  Charlie felt good knowing Dave could talk to her about touchy topics. Dave related he was sore with worry and physically tired from helping.
"Why aren't you with her - instead your here to see me? Someone you barely know?"

"I make time for both of you."
Charlie smiled at the ground.

"That's sweet, but you've done your part. You don't have to keep coming around."

"You don't want me around Charlie?" He laughed.

"No, its not that!" Charlie laughed.

"Its just I know you have a life of your own, don't let me get in the way."

"Your not - I want to be here for you."
Dave smirked.

Dave grew up in the Bronx new York, he spent most of his time on the basketball courts and smoking weed with his own father. He had to carry weapons to protect himself in that area at a young age. He started with butter knives. Then real pocket knives, bats, and loaded guns. He constantly had to fight off burglars. Dave learned to care for himself as Young as ten years old. His father never worked and spent all his time bumming off Dave's mother. Her name was Malone Chicago. She worked two jobs to support her family, while Dave's father neglected to clean, cheated on his wife and gambled all her hard earned money away. Dave's father always warned Dave not to grow up and be like him,  but follow the path of his wonderful mother. Malone put up any challenge like a warrior princess, not letting anything get in the way of accomplishing a goal or task. She was 5'6 with rich bronze colored skin with silky black waist long hair and the prettiest crooked smile on a woman you'd ever see.
Charlie turned serious.
"I think I found a suspect to my case." Charlie said sadly.

"Really?" He leaned back intrigued.

"What caused you to pick this person?"

"I honestly don't know, I have no evidence but I have this weird feeling in my gut..and I know he's been sexually attracted to me since we met months ago. He's been pursing me.. I feel crazy though, I don't want to throw this on him, especially if it's not true."

"If you don't have him tested you'll never know for sure." Dave said with Concern.

"I want him questioned." Charlie said with conviction. Dave said if he found out Ashton had done it he'd want a word with him personally. He was so angry someone would go so low just for sex.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The investigators talked to Ashton and said he seemed overly gittery, nervous and shifty and his story and information regarding Charlie seemed sketchy. They decided to compare the semen found in Charlie to his, he resisted heavily under the investigators instructions. They expressed to him that it wasn't optional. Eventually they got him comply after 8 hours. After he sat in a lobby while Dave, Charlie and her family started at him through an observation window. He was sweating, his brown hair sticking to his forehead. Charlie was told the results would take about 2 days to come back. If proven guilty he'd go to prison, tried as an adult.