~31~

"It feels like someone is gripping my heart and twisting it. It feels like I can't breathe. I shut my eyes tightly against the memory that is threatening to surface. I can't breathe.
Can't breathe. Can't breathe!"

                                        -Ashley Earley

Charlie and Ashton had to appear together in court, which Ashton was officially proven guilty and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Before his time away he called extended family, and friends to give them the news. Including a very specific friend, who was enraged and Confused to hear this news. However she wasn't enraged with Ashton.

Charlie walk through the crowded school hallways getting more eyes on her than usual since she's been back. The faces of Joy had turned sour. Circles of gossip and snickering formed. Charlie didn't understand it but didn't give it much thought. At lunch when many kids would come up to sit with her, she found herself sitting alone.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow everyone at school knew she was raped. They mocked her and called her a liar. Charlie was frantic and panicking because she hadn't told a soul. People called her story teller and she found herself falling into a depression. Constantly having mental breakdowns, and episodes fits of Rage and panic attacks. She couldn't find out who the rumors were coming from. She couldn't eat drink or sleep. She felt like she was simply existing.

Charlie had grown bitter and cold. Her mom noticed and promised to get her pulled out of school as soon as possible. Charlie started skipping class and was hiding in the bathroom. Exploding on teachers for making mistakes, and lying to her mom about where she was going. No one at school seem to notice her anymore. Unless they were saying something negative to her. She didn't understand why everyone was so quick to hate.