~29~

"I have no idea how to think."

Charlie had anxiously waited for two days for the results. She sat in an investigation room nervously tapping her foot, biting her nails and pulling out strands of hair, hoping and praying it wasn't him. She looked into the female investigators eyes, and read her expression of sadness, Charlie's eyes boggled and teared up.
"Ms. Charlie.." she said slowly.
Charlie gasped in anxiety, her face turned hot red covering her face she dropped to her knees in defeat. "Charlie.." Her mother huffed in tears trying to raise her up. Charlie screamed painfully, gripping tightly on her mother's hand. "I'm sorry." The investigator said in a Shakey tone. "No, no!" She said frantically Standing up, her mom pulled her into a tight hug, pushing her face into her shoulder as she wept bitterly. She gripped to her tightly. "I love you Charlie." Her mother sobbed. Charlie lifted her head gasping, wiping her swollen eyes. Charlie went to hug Dave, his body pressed tightly against hers. She rested her head, on his chest.
"How could he do this?" She cried softly in the comfort of his arms as he rocked her. He suddenly broke from her contact.
"Where is he?" He breathed, muscles tense and heart pulsing.

"Where the fuck is this sick bitch is he here?"
Over the past weeks Dave developed a territorial connection over Charlie and swore to always do what he could to help and protect her. Dave was beyond livid now that he knew who he was.
"It's okay." Charlie said grabbing his arm. Ashton was just in another room being further questioned and he swore the next time he saw him it would be the worst day of Ashton's life. He was reeling, Charlie tried to calm him by rubbing his back. A medical expert named Robert Hues came into to deliver more information.

"The pills that were in your system that we have confirmed he had given you, caused you to loose your memory for around six hours after the event... basically from anything earlier that night, do you remember anything from the day you woke up in the alley way?"

"I remember it being the fourth of July.. I remember I was supposed to go to a party that day, but I don't remember being there."

"I don't remember being there!"
Charlie gasped.

"That's it!" Dave pointed to her.