~36~

"I was diamond on the outside, and I would not break.
Inside, though, I was already broken."
―   Shaun David Hutchinson

"Charlie, dinner is ready." Her mom called setting the hot plate down. "Eat up babe." Her mom said taking off her frilly pink cooking apron.

"Not really hungry." Charlie mumbled.

"Come on baby eat."

"Ma not hungry."

"Baby just - "

"Mom I'm not hungry!" Charlie yelled banging her fist into the glass table getting up frantically and rushing into her bedroom, her mom put her hand the her chest and ran after Charlie.

"Charlie, baby what's going on?" Her mom pressed her head against the bedroom door. "Charlie please come out," her mother cooed, her soothing sympathetic voice lured Charlie out slowly, she walked out to sit on her mother's bed and curled up into a ball, her head buried in her knees. 

"I got into a fight." Charlie mumbled.

"About what? Was this physical?" Her mom gasped.

"Yes ma" She mumbled once more not looking up. She told her about the gossip, the pain, and taunting. Her mother listened as she spoke through her knees, rubbing her back. She talked about her dirty she felt that she had to resort to fighting, and that she was the saddest, most angry, and depressed version of her self that she's ever been, and she wished she didn't have to live with such pain. Her mom readily agreed to have her pulled out of Riverton high and press charges against anyone who bullied or attacked Charlie.

 "I'm so sorry that all of this is happening, I wont let go on anymore, and I never would have thought you had to deal with this - it sickens me." She stroked her locks.

"I want you to know that I love you Charlie, and I'll do anything for you, to help you get better." She kissed her daughter's hand.