~12~

"She's always there for me when I need her, she's my bestfriend, she's just my everything."

                                                                                                                                               - Ashley Olsen

Emily had met up with John for a few months. Funny thing to her was he allowed her to give him oral sex plenty of times over the course of those months with no complaints, but lack of emotion seemed to be getting to him for some reason, he actually had feelings for Emily. She wasn't sure why - what guy turns down free sex? Without emotional connection? That's pretty much every high school nerds dream. Emily pondered on what happened between them in Brooke's bedroom on her floor, she lay sprawled out looking at the ceiling.

 "You know, I actually feel terrible for doing this.." Emily sighed looking over at Brooke who was painting her toes, loudly chewing on gum. Brooke shrugged, she didn't seem to understand why. Loving for the moment wasn't anything Brooke found shame in.

 "He must have really liked you huh?" Brooke chuckled playfully. Emily was going to do her best to avoid John at all costs. That meant eye contact, being in the same room - the same planet. She didn't want to see him. Ever.

"Maybe you should talk to Jake again." Brooke got up from her bed waddling like a penguin to avoid messing up her nails.

"When you're the one who told me to try and get over him in the first place.." Emily made an annoyed face.

"I know but - It's been 6 months maybe he's cooled down?"

"The last thing I want to do is talk to Jake, I'm trying to get over him, remember? Look I'm done, I don't want to talk about this okay?" Emily grumbled.

"Okay." Brooke said casually.

Changing the subject Emily mentioned how she helped out a girl named Linda the other day, and that they ended up going an getting coffee. Emily told Brooke that she was considering inviting her to a house party. Brooke's mouth was half open and her eyes bugged out. Only Brooke and Emily went to house partying. Like meneses they roamed the streets, but adding a third, and a big third at that? Made Brooke cringe. Emily sensed her hesitation, "You okay?" She asked. Brooke tried to contain her frustration by changing her expression and forcing on a smile. She didn't want anyone - anything getting in the way of their bond.

"Brooke.." Emily said in a tone a mother of catching her two year old in something they shouldn't be in. Brooke sat criss crossed on the floor beside her playing with her honey crystal between her fingers. "I'm not fully accepting the Idea of Linda."

"There really isn't anything to accept i'm not sure what you mean.." Emily looked confused.

"Uh yeah there really is, she's coming to this party and I don't want her around all the time I don't know her." Brooke had a snobby attitude.

"You haven't even met her yet.." Emily blinked hard.

Brooke rolled her eyes, she felt her territory had been invaded. Some random girl at the coffee shop with her best friend? They all were going to parties? She found it simply outrageous. Brooke wasn't naturally friendly either. She was too Emily and that was about it. She kept herself together for the most part, she didn't want to argue with Emily about it. She didn't want Linda to become apart of the couple's regular daily hang outs or weekly club outings. The feeling of any girl getting too close to Emily made Brooke tense and fearful.

"Since when did you feel like making friends anyway?" Brooke scoffed.

"Didn't try - just happened." Emily Shrugged.

Brooke made a face of which the expression was undetected.

"Don't worry Brookey.." Emily cooed. "No one will ever deviate from us you know that.."