~9~

"Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself,

                                         and a little less time trying to impress people."

                                                                    - The Breakfast Club

Charlie putted the white golf ball into the hole smoothly and efficiently, she turned back to face Ashton to indicate to him that it was his time. They'd been at the mini golf course for around 2 hours and had hardly talked. Charlie was very short with him, even in person. As if she knew from the beginning what he was up too.

 Ashton assumed she only decided to come to avoid hurting his feelings or being rude, but you could see it in her body language that she really didn't want to be there. Ashton got up and swung weakly, missing the hole my an inch. Charlie sat back down texting, she wore a loose peach colored tank that flattered her sun kissed glow nicely.

 Again it was her turn to putt and Ashton's heart began to race as he noticed her backside again in those little blue faded hollister shorts. He jumped up and raced behind her, lightly touching her hips, he took her arm to guide her drive while she putted.

 Ashton had always been the type to sleep with multiple females. Him being 17, he had never been in a serious relationship. He didn't even try, he knew the result would be him being unfaithful. He's had countless girls in the past fall head over heels in love with him. Just for him to deny them with a quickness. He remembered this one girl his freshman year named Zoey. She texted him everyday, went to his house to hang out, invited him places.

 Laughed at everything he said. She started to fall for him quicker than the 9-11 twin towers. Ashton had to stop that train on it's tracks. Oh yeah, he broke her heart, but he would have rather broke it then. Instead of getting committed to her and breaking it later. She was a sweet girl. He'll always remember how sweet she was. "I think I've got it, considering you've been missing all your holes." She turned sizing him, handing over the golf club quickly wiggling out of his grip.

"Feisty." Ashton chuckled.

"Honest." Charlie said confidently. 

Charlie initially grew up in Dallas Texas with her grandparents, but moved to california back with her parents. She was raised in Texas with very little on a farm. She learned the values of hard work through farming and herding. They didn't have televisions or computers. She grew up learning to make mother nature her video game. 

She learned to care for animals and garden very well. Raised on old fashioned wholesome values and respect Charlie was a well balanced decent individual. Her grandparents wanted to make a productive american citizen out of her.

 She remembers living a few weeks without electricity, and her grandparents taught her despite trying situations you can always get by - if you just use your head a little. Ashton didn't know a thing about Charlie or how she was raised, but he could tell she was a good person.

"Question. Why'd you agree to come out tonight?" He asked suspiciously.

"Had nothing better to do, and you've been trying to get me to go out all week.." She smirked.

Her blue blazing eyes drew him closer, the cool summer breeze teased through her hair and looped her waves. He caught himself in a daze. "You are stunning." He shook his head.

"Off topic." She chuckled  "So i've been told. I swear some guys are so predictable." She was so numb, and unaffected. Nothing Ashton said or did seemed to have much impact.

Ashton then stepped in front of Charlie and studied her seductively, he licked his lips. His face turned smug and confident. "You should kiss me, I'll remind you some guys are unusual."

"Ain't that the truth." She laughed. That was the first time Ashton heard her really laugh, and it was at him.

"Just stop - stop while you're ahead." She shook her head,