~15~

"Jealousy is just a lack of self confidence."

                                                                                                      -Unknown

Linda and Emily sat in the comfy library seats reading teen gossip magazines, it was about there third time seeing each other, and Emily found Linda insightful, understanding and smart. Emily spared Brooke the stress of knowing the two of them were hanging out. Emily didn't comprehend Brooke's attitude. Linda grew up in a middle class family, had her house and college paid for.

 She couldn't even fathom the idea of going to college though, she could barely survive at the school she was going to. She went to Riverton High school too, but Emily was surprised because she had never seen her before. Linda spilled to Emily all the tragic stories of her being bullied through middle school and high school too. 

Emily was simply appalled, and couldn't believe high school kids, practically adults - could still act so immaturely. Linda was very quite and sweet and Emily wasn't sure what anyone could possibly bother her about. People who were low on that level disgusted her. Emily felt a measure of trust toward her due to her friendly nature. She had just finished telling her all about her feud and steamy nights with John.

"He hates my guts, when he sees me he walks the other way, but hey I don't blame him. I'd hate me too." Emily shrugged flipping through her magazine.

 At the end of the day Emily decided to bring Linda back to her house, and invite Brooke, figuring she'd just have to deal with it and learn to be more sociable. Emily didn't tell Brooke she'd be there, so when she came inside she was unpleasantly surprised when she saw Linda sitting on her favorite end of Emily's bed. 

She didn't greet Linda and sat close to Emily the whole time. Emily threw on music, from G-easy, Drake and Rihanna as they ate popcorn. Brooke boldly and purposely would make Linda uncomfortable by staring at her, making rude undertone comments, cutting her off in the middle of sentences. Suddenly Emily belted,

"Who's ready to get stoned?" Linda shifted nervously.

"Come on how old are you?" Brooke mumbled rolling her eyes.

"Aye aye." Emily stopped Brooke. "No that serious not everyone smokes - she don't have too." Emily waved, her expression chilled and relaxed. Linda didn't react to Brooke's subtle attacks. She tried her best to ignore that Brooke was there.

"One thing you'll have to do though is go to this party my drug dealer invited me too.. Ashton told me to bring the baddest bitches, and that's what I plan on doing..right girls?" Emily laughed.

 "We are going." Emily said confidently. Brooke sighed loudly, knowing they had included a pudgy guest.

"You know who might be there who I don't wanna see?" Emily sung playfully. "John and Amber." She sighed.

Emily didn't like Amber, she didn't know what it was but she got chills whenever she was near her. Her bitchy senses tingled when ever she was around. She could just sense the evil oozing out of her.

"Mm..Emma, you should find a nice boy and ride that roller coaster, it might take some stress off the whole John, Jake thing.." Brooke smirked. "Bet Linda's never hooked up.." Brooke mumbled.

"Brooke quit it.." Emily closed her eyes. She tried to entertain Brooke's idea, but she's realized so far taking her advice has only complicated things. Temporary she knew the sex would be, but it would relieve her for a few moments. She hoped she could move on and forget about them both. She was determined to go out and have a good time, with her girls.

v  How do you feel about Brooke? Comment bellow! v