Chapter 8

Chapter 8: What about Matt?!
Autumns P.O.V

Finally! I have an hour before my next class and that gives me much time to grab something to eat.

It's been three weeks that me and Dylan have been 'dating' and I'm pretty sure most of the campus knows. It's also been two weeks that Dylan and Christian got in a fight.

I haven't talked about it to either one of them. None of them told me about it; even though I don't see why they would. I kept telling myself, maybe they didn't get in a fight. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it's really difficult for me to believe in coincidences.

I walked to the food court with my stomach growling every ten seconds.

I walked up to the cart and quickly ordered fries. I looked to my left and along with other candies, were gummy bears.

Oh, dammit.

I really wanted gummy bears. Stupid Dylan and his stupid bet.

I waited for my fries while leaning on the counter until a voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Autumn?" I knew that voice. My eyes widened and I turned around slowly.

Holy shit.

"Matt?" He smiled at me. It was Matt. Like Matt, he was actually standing in front of me. How? Why? What?

Matt was my....ex-boyfriend back in my senior year. You know the story, high school sweethearts that thought they were going to be together forever because they loved each other so much? Yeah, that didn't happen.

Don't worry, it wasn't a bad breakup where one of us cheated or something like that. We actually broke up because we were graduating and we weren't going to be around each other. We decided that the long distance thing wouldn't work out and we weren't going to take chances. It was better if we left things in an non-awkward and friendly page.

"Autumn?" I shook my head and looked at him.

"Yeah?"

He gave a half smile. "I was saying that you look great. How are you doing? I can't believe it's actually you."

I shrugged. "Everything's okay, I guess." I told him. What was he doing here anyway? "I didn't know you went to this campus."

He gave a slight chuckle and I smiled. "I didn't know you went here either. I should've known. You always used to talk about being a student here." He smiled at me. "I remember how your eyes lit up every time you talked about it."

I felt the blush creep onto my neck and I looked down. "Sorry, that was really awkward." He chuckled nervously and started running his hand behind his neck.

I laughed at him. "It's fine. Still the same old Matt. I really can't figure out how I didn't know you were attending this university." I was still in shock. Matt was the last person I thought I'd run into on a random day like this.

He gave out a short chuckle. "Well, Autumn, I think we should catch up. Are you free right now?"

I pursed my lips and shook my head. "I wish. Ugh, I have a class I have to get to in twenty minutes."

Matt nodded his head in understanding. "Okay. Is it okay if I find you later? I really want to catch up with you." He smiled and I smiled back.

He really wanted to spend time with me? A thought came to my mind.

Should I?

Screw it.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind skipping one class. What do you have in mind?"