Lucas and Gwen

Lucas' P.O.V
18 Years Old

I shook my wet head of hair and made my way up the sand of the beach. Going to the beach when you live in Miami is natural. You basically do it everyday.

Mama was at work and hell if I know what Dylan was doing. There was only a month left until school started and I couldn't be more bored with my life. I've already learned and picked up on the language. The slang too, but it was so weird, I'll probably get used to it.

I'd wake up, go to the beach, go home and hang with Dylan, then I was with the guys for the rest of the night.

It's been two years since the move and Dylan recently started boxing. He is one angry kid. I don't blame him, it's why I go out with the guys every night, it's the only way to get my mind of things.

I know Mama isn't exactly happy with the way Dylan and I were handling this 'transition', but it was hard.

I don't even want to think about it anymore. I'm starving, and I need food.

I walked up to the shack, the one everyone goes to. As I approached, I saw someone new. There was usually this blond here  blasting her damn Justin Bieber and prancing around in her freaking bikini top. Yeah, she was cute but I'd never sleep with her; she seemed like an airhead.

But, there was another girl. Her black hair was tied into a ponytail. She had light brown skin and her back was turned towards me. I've never seen her before.

I decided not to say anything yet as I leaned across the counter studying her back. She had a cute ass, I'll give her that.

I think she was on her phone or something. "Excuse me?" I finally spoke.

"How can I help-" she paused as she turned around and spotted me. "You?" She started to stare and so did I.

She was hot. Like really hot. My eyes went over her body and she shifted slightly as a blush crept onto her face. I liked her voice, it was soft and gentle. "Hi." I said to her.

"Hi." She said softly. I wanted to smile because I obviously made this girl nervous, she found me attractive. "Um, can I help you with anything?" She asked again. She seemed like one of those girls, the ones who are incredibly shy, and had those quiet voices.

Not exactly my type, but she was really cute. I felt like I needed to know her.

I shrugged. "Not really. I think I'll just sit here, mind if I join you?" The cute girl shook her head.

"No, I don't mind." Her voice, her damn voice was so gentle. I smiled at her and she just quietly Sat behind the counter in front of me.

"So, I haven't seen you here before, I swear I would remember a face like yours." I told her. She smiled and briefly looked down before meeting my gaze.

"I'm visiting my grandmother for the summer and she said that I could work here for the summer, um, you know to get a little money."  Hmm, visiting?

"Interesting." I nodded my head. "That's a cute accent, where are you from?" I asked.

"Manhattan." She replied. Manhattan.

"That's in New York, right?" She nodded her head slowly. 

She bit her lip, like she was deciding something. I watched her, it was a sexy gesture, but I don't think she knew that.

"Where are your from?" She asked playing with her hands.

I raised my eyebrows with a smile. "How'd you know I wasn't from here?" I asked her.