Chapter 9

Chapter 9: What about something fun?
Autumn's P.O.V

"Who is he?" Dylan asked as I undid my bed. I wanted to go to bed, but Dylan would not leave me alone.

"Stop worrying about it. I want to go to sleep." I whined, stomping my foot.

Matt and I had a great time at the library. We caught up a lot. Turns out he spent the last two years with his dad in Africa and he told me all about the animals and the different ways of life. It was pretty cool. I told Matt about how the last two years at Stone Brook. We talked about our years at our old high school. It was nice.

As far as Dylan knows, Matt is just an old friend. He obviously wasn't buying it because he kept bothering me. I just wanted to sleep. Sleep is one of the most beautiful things that I have on earth and he's taking that away from me.

"Tell me who he is, Autumn. I know he's just not an 'Old Friend'." Dylan crossed his arms.

I attempted to shove and push him out the room but he wouldn't budge. I gave a sigh in defeat and crossed my arms as well. "You don't know that." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes I do. This 'Old Friend' wouldn't cause you to skip your classes." My eyes widened.

Oh, shit. I forgot. Dylan waits for me but the tree everyday. How did I possibly forget that?

Stupid, stupid.

"An 'Old Friend' wouldn't cause you to be waltzing in your room in a unusually good mood. So, I wanna know the truth about this guy."

I looked at Dylan for a few more seconds. The reason why I'm not telling Dylan that Matt was my ex-boyfriend is because of what I saw earlier.

I saw that Dylan had Christian up against a wall. Dylan was looking for me and he was asking Christian if he knew where I was. I don't what the deal is between them; but I do know that Dylan told Christian to stay away from me. It's was actually pretty hot..

Anyway...

I don't know if he was trying to act like a jealous boyfriend, or if he just didn't like Christian at all. I didn't want to take a chance on that. I don't know, its just....its just if Dylan finds out, I don't think he would be okay with that. Not that it should matter anyway.....

I finally sighed and mumbled, "He's my ex-boyfriend."

I pursed my lips and looked up at Dylan. He was staring at specifically nothing. I tilted my head.

"Dylan?" His eyebrows furrowed. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Dylan?".

He pulled his lips between his teeth. "Dylan?" He finally looked at me. "What was that?"

He faked confusion. "What was what?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. What the hell is wrong with him? "What were you just thinking about?" 

Dylan shook his head. "Nothing." He paused for a moment, "What did you guys do today?"

I shrugged. "We just caught up. We talked, that's all." I stared at him expectingly.

"Okay." He said simply. He stepped forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, Autumn."

"Goodnight."  I mumbled as he turned around and walked out.