Chapter 2

Karma's POV
365 days till Deadline.

Today is the day I start my assassination project. Karasuma told me that this Shiota guy likes to visit this one cafe nearby, so I decided I'd go there to start.

The truth was, I wanted to get this over with. I just wanted my break from all of this assassination stuff.

"I'd like a coffee." I say bluntly to the barista.

"What kind?" He asks.

"I don't care, I just want coffee."

"Two dollars and forty-five cents." He says with an annoyed expression on his face.

I pass the money across the table and he passes my coffee to me a few seconds later. I walk to a table and sit down.

After about 15 minutes of waiting, I thought he wasn't going to show. I stood up to leave until I heard a voice nearby.

"One caramel latte for here please!" I turn to see a blue haired boy smiling at the barista.

It's him.

I go behind a booth and pull out my gun. I turn back and aim.

The blue haired boy turns around. I widen my eyes and quickly shoot. I hide back behind the booth. I hear a scream. I sneak back to the seat I sat at and look back.

He's not there anymore...

I stand up and look around.

"Everybody calm down!" I hear the barista say. "Nobody's hurt!"

Damn!

Everybody calms down and act like nothing has happened. Though many people fled the café.

I sit at my table feeling down. I just want to get this over with.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" I look up to see him.

I was taken aback by surprise. "N-no!" I stuttered.

"Okay, I'm going to sit here if you don't mind." He smiled.

"I don't mind." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. I looked back up at him. "But why sit here? There are plenty of seats open..."

"Oh nothing, you just looked a bit lonely, that's all." He took a sip of his own drink. "What's your name?"

"K-" I hesitated, "Karma Akabane." I reply.

"Cool! I'm Nagisa Shiota." He smiles again and I felt my cheeks get warm. But why?

"Karma-kun? Are you okay?" He touches my cheeks. "You feel warm."

"I...." I pass out.

"Karma-kun!!!"

A/N-
Ha, I'm gonna end it on a cliff hanger!
This chapter feels a bit short but I don't even know.

Bye~