Chapter 6

Karma's POV
359 days till Deadline.

It's Sunday. A.K.A., the day for Nagisa's reunion with his friends. Nagisa was waiting for this day.

"I'm so excited to see my friends again!" He exclaims, while getting dressed.

I watch him as he runs around getting ready. Nagisa's been letting me stay at his place for the past few days. I don't know why, but I never seem to want to go back to my place anymore. Nagisa doesn't seem to mind though.

"Let's go!" He pulls me to the door.

-

We get a taxi to drive us to Kayano's place. I had a strange feeling about her, for some reason. I felt that I didn't really like her.

We arrive at her house. Nagisa knocks on the door. Kayano opens it a second later.

"Nagisa-kun!" She exclaims and pulls him into a hug. I glare at her. She turns back. "And you must be-" Her eyes widen. "Karma-kun."

"That's me." I say lazily.

"Come on in." She says glancing at me.

Nagisa runs over to his friends, chatting them up. Kayano pulls me into another room.

"Karma Akabane..." She glares. "I thought that sounded familiar."

"Eh? Do you know me from somewhe-" I look at her eyes. "Akari Yukimura..."

She smirks. "So you do remember me."

"How could I forget? After you betrayed us all by feeding our information to the other side. You're one hell of an actor."

"Oh that? I quit that." She shrugged. "Why are you here, Karma-kun? And with Nagisa-kun?" Her eyes widen as something in her brain clicks. "Don't tell me you're planning to assassinate him!"

"What the hell? Where'd you get that idea?!" I lied, hoping she wouldn't press any further. If she found out I was planning to kill Nagisa, she would tell him immediately. I saw the way she looked at him, and it's easy to tell she likes him more than a friend.

"You're an assassin, Karma-kun. I would link anyone you're with to an assassination project."

"Eh, makes sense for you to think like that. But no. I am not planning to assassinate him."

"How'd you two meet?"

"I met him at a café." I don't mention the shooting part, then she'd definitely suspect me. "He started talking to be and we became friends. He invited me to the fair last Monday."

"Oh." She says bluntly. I can tell that she's jealous.

"Bye, Yukimura-san." I say stepping out.

"You'd better call me Kayano..." She grits her teeth, watching me walk out.

I look for Nagisa. It would be better to stick with him here, plus I can get him away and attempt to kill him.

"Nagisa-kun!" I call out. He turns around.

"Oh, Karma-kun!" He runs over. "I was looking for you!" He trips over a lump in the rug. It happened too fast. I couldn't catch him, but he fell on top of me.

"Oof!" He looks at me while laying down. "I-I-I'm sorry, Karma-kun!!" He blushes madly.

"It's fine." I say sitting up. He stands up. He attempts to help me up, but he just falls back down again. He blushes again. He's inches away from my face. His eyes twinkle and my heart skips a beat.

"Nagisa-kun!!" Kayano shouts, running over. "Are you okay? I saw you fall!" She helps him up.

"Y-yeah." He stutters looking at me, his cheeks still red. Kayano glares at me, dragging him away. I stand up.

What was that feeling right now?