Chapter 10

Karma's POV
326 Days till Nagisa's Deadline.

More than a month has passed since I met Nagisa. I become more depressed by the fact that I have to kill him, each day. But I can't let him kill someone to "take over the world".

"Karma, you seem upset. Why?" Nagisa tugs my sleeve while we sit on the couch.

"Upset? I'm not..." I mumble.

"Karma..." I look over to him. Tears begin to form in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He wipes his eyes. "I don't want you to be sad."

I pull him into my arms and kiss him. He seems a little surprised that I did, but he kisses back. His tears fall onto my shirt and soon some of the tears weren't just his. He pulls away and hugs me tightly. "I love you, Karma."

"I love you, too, Nagisa." I kiss his forehead.

The doorbell rings. I look at Nagisa in disappointment. "I'll be right back." He kisses my cheek. He stands up and walks over to the door. My phone rings.

"I'm going outside." I say. I walk to the backyard.

"Hi, Kayano!" I hear Nagisa say. I close the door. It's raining outside.

"Hello?" I answer the call.

"Karma, I have news." Karasuma says on the other line.

"Good or bad?"

"Whatever you want to call it." This can't be good.

"Okay, what is it?"

"The deadline has been changed." My heart stops. "Karma, are you there?"

"T-to what?"

"I got news that Nagisa Shiota is planning on striking much earlier than planned. You have thirty days to assassinate him. I've got to go now. Good luck." He hangs up.

I drop my phone on the concrete, shattering the screen. My knees give out and I'm on the wet ground sobbing. This has to be some kind of dream. No! Nightmare. I start to pinch myself all over but nothing happens. Eventually I start punching myself.

"Wake up! Wake up right now!" I cry out.

The door squeaks behind me. "KARMA!"

My vision goes black.

A/N-

WELL SHIT

THIS CHAPTER IS FUCKING SHORT(ish) BUT OK

Did you notice that I changed the deadline to Nagisa's deadline? :')

OKAY IM GOING TO LEAVE BEFORE IM KILLED.