Chapter 17

Miguel Lobos P.O.V

I am always busy, busy trying to make more money than I actually need. I am multi billionaire already I can quit all this and be set for life. But I haven't yet lived up all my goals. Initially; making Stefano and his bloody wife pay for all the wrong things they did to me was my biggest goal in keeping up with the mafia business but now my biggest goal is to kill Carter Ramirez and wipe out his entire empire. Maybe I will spare those who are lucky their lives but I ain't going to spare Carter anything or anyone who will stand with him against me.

He wants Kimberly dead and I'd rather die first than to let that happen and hell I won't die before Carter. I refuse to die before him, that's why today I planned a little party. The most major mafia gangs were invited, I've been planning it for weeks and thankful Kimberly went to visit her aunt. I've been running around, super occupied- I didn't want to worry about her.

It was the weekend, Nicholas wasn't going to work so he also helped with preparations. And preparations I am talking about drugs and guns smuggling. The party itself, venues, drinks, food, I hired events planners just for that. That's not my area of expertise so I let the party experts do what they were good at. But it had to be classy, classy and expensive. Money wasn't a problem, I had a job to do. And if the drugs gets sold out tonight, then I will be richer.

The party was held at one of my smaller houses. And by smaller I mean smaller compared to the other mansions I owned. It was just a double story - a party house. It is where I held parties mostly.

It is safer than to throw parties at some clubs and then all over a sudden the cops show up. This way I know the cops will be denied access and I made sure to have a very special safe room, where all the drugs will be kept if it is so happens the police decided to join the party.

I was in my room dressing up for the night. Having money means having a personal stylist and mine so happens to be the vicious, sexy and gorgeous Celeste. Celeste knows all about me, well not all but she knows I'm not just a business man, she knows I am drug dealer and she knows this because her father is also in the mafia. She wants nothing to do with the mafia, hence she chose to be a stylist and a fashion designer, owning boutiques and fashion lines. And for me she agreed to be my personal stylist, everything I own in my wardrobe was selected by her, and I couldn't have been more grateful.

She made me look good.

Ladies wanted a piece of me.

Some were hot, I couldn't be stingy with myself.

But anyway, today I settled for a red suit, black formal dress shoes, and black shirt, no tie. I ran my hand though my hair, I didn't need to gel it and comb it, I wasn't an old man with grey hair. I was still very young thank you, I'd like to keep it that way.

"Shadow..." Nicholas walked in my room, in only a towel wrapped around his hips. I arched an eyebrow at him, then checked the time from my wrist watch.

"You do know that we have to go in ten minutes right?"

"Yes, I'll be quick. I've been thinking, have you spoken to Kimberly since she went home?" He asked, concern full in his eyes.

As much as Nicholas and I talked about not getting attached to Kimberly, we just couldn't help ourselves. He had this brotherly care for her, and as for me, I fucking miss sleeping next to her. I don't even want to think much about the sleepless nights I've been having since I stopped sharing a bed with her. I was back to square one and I didn't want to get in bed with her again cause I sure as hell may attempt to kiss her again and maybe do more.

I shook my head refusing to think about her. I missed seeing her around the house even though she has gone for a day, even though we hardly talk her presence was calming.