Chapter 24

It has been a full blown week now with Miguel and I not on speaking terms. Even when we aren't on speaking terms he was still flying my aunt in for a visit. He was an asshole, but with small amount of humanity in him. I had suggested he sent me to my aunt's place with security but he coldly told me he was flying aunt Charlotte in. It kind of hurt that they were on speaking terms but I was glad they were. Finally after so many months, I was going to see someone who raised me. Someone who loved me unconditionally. Someone who didn't see me as their niece but daughter. Quite frankly she did a whole lot better job than my own mother. Lately I have been thinking about my past. It haunted me like no other. Hence now, I was up in the middle of a Friday night, working on the last of financial reports.

I couldn't sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw him. Everytime I closed my eyes I was that fourteen year old girl in her school uniform, being left in her uncle's care. A very crazy uncle, my mother's brother. Everytime I tried to think of something else, it was either him, or Carter. If not those two monsters then it was Miguel Lobos's cold attitudes towards me. So I was grateful that my aunt was coming, I needed to feel the warmth, I needed to feel appreciated. I needed to feel alive again. Leanda has been super supportive, Jackson as well, but it wasnt really enough. Leanda and I's relationship was phone call based, it helped some times, but my stress level was increasing, I was going back into my dark world. A dark world where my dad managed to pull me out. I could literally feel myself slipping away from the light. I didn't want to go back there. I want to live, be happy.

I was working in Miguel's home office. Very spacious, with expensive furniture, I just thought he had too much money at his disposal. He has an office in each and every one of the houses he owns. This mafia and drugs business was a whole lot of work, I am surprised he still can touch ground and make a success of both worlds.

I took a coffee break. I can't actually believe that I was actually helping with the most important documents of the company and Nicholas trusted me enough to ask, well Miguel suggested he ask but I won't give that pig the satisfaction. As far as I am concerned him and I are just house mates. No, he is the warden and I'm a prisoner. Yes.

Just as I was enjoying my coffee, leaning back on Miguel's chair the office door opened and in walked the devil himself.

Think of the devil and he would walk right in.

I snorted. Finding humour with my thoughts.

Lobos walked in, wearing his expensive tailor made suit. His jacket was in his hands, and his phone was on the other. He looked surprised to see me, then his eyes narrowed at me. I would feel anxious or uncomfortable with his stare but to be honest I felt nothing. Well I felt fussy just by his mere presence but I wanted to feel nothing, so I kept dragging my emotions to that direction.

"What are you doing in here?" His tone was very much accusing. I stared at him in shock, and looked back at the papers sprawled on his table then looked at him. Figure it out asshole. I kept quite and drank my oh so delicious coffee. Not too sweet, somewhat strong with powder milk. So good!

"Are you going to answer me?" He pretended not to see what I was actually working on. He looked pissed as ever. I don't even know what I did to him, but the fuck, he can't keep treating me like some dirt under his shoes.

It was actually better than working in my bedroom on my bed. My back couldn't take it anymore, so his office was more ideal.

I kept quiet and packed up the documents in order and back into the file jacket.

"I'll just leave your office, your highness." I mocked him and went to move past by him. But that didn't go so well he grabbed my fore arm, stopping my movements.