Chapter 44

Omniscient P.O.V

The biggest mistake Stefano Baria did was to believe that the two gorgeous women he left John's party with were genuinely interested in him, if anything else, they had a big surprise waiting for him. When they reached his car, Scarlett took down all his guards and sweetly smiled at him before pointing a gun to his head and ordering Vanessa to take out the handcuffs and cuff Stefano with them. Yes Vanessa was very aware of this lifestyle her soon to be boyfriend lived, but seeing dead bodies, being involved in murdering people wasn't something she could stomach.

With shaky hands she had managed to cuff Stefano and with the help of two of their guards they stuffed Stefanomin the back of his SUV. Vanessa doubled over next to the car and threw her guts out. She didn't stop until everything she had eaten was out. She threw up to a point of where she thought her guts were next.

Scarlett waited patiently for her to finish, before handing her a bottle of water that one of the guards went to retrieve from their car.

"Feeling better?" She asked her, and Vanessa wiped her mouth clean and nodded. She got inside the car and laid back the seat to be more comfortable.

"This life isn't for me. I'm too weak." She said, her voice cracking at the end. Tears stung her eyes. She couldn't wipe the images of those dead men from her mind, no matter how many times she closed and opened her eyes.

Scarlett felt bad for her, she knew exactly what she was going through and she didn't judge her. Instead she just called one of the guards to drive them to Miguel's warehouse, where Rochelle and Stefano will be kept.

When they arrived to the warehouse, Nicholas rushed to the car Scarlett and Vanessa were travelling in and attended to Vanessa. His face filled with worry. Scarlett walked over to Miguel. Folding her arms in attempt to keep warm, as the evening air was a bit chilly.

Miguel noticed her wearing the thin material called a dress and voluntarily wrapped his jacket over her shoulders. "Thank you." Scarlett thanked him, and both of them remained quiet as they watched Nicholas fawn over Vanessa. Miguel looked at them, and thinking of how he'd do that for Kimberly as well. When she was unhappy it pulled at his heart strings. When she is sick, he becomes sick with worry, and now that she wasn't in his sight, you could imagine just how crazy and sick he was becoming. Whereas Scarlett on the other hand was worried how the two men who were her closest friends, closest things next to family were falling inlove, love being the only thing capable of weakening them.

"You two have fell inlove." Scarlett said, breaking the ice. "I just hope things will be different for the both of you." She bit her bottom lip hard, trying not to think of her past.

"Scarlett. I know what you must be thinking, hell I know what you had meant when you said we must not. But love, I didn't want to fall for her. I just did. And it is now that I realize that." Miguel softly spoke. "I wish things were different. But even if they were, how long would we keep up with the loneliness that this type of life provides for us?" He asked, waiting for Scarlett to reply.

She was rather quiet for some time as Miguel's question took her by surprise. It was spot on, straight to the point, and it was such a question that had her mind racing. She couldn't answer Miguel.

"Boss, the girl is awake." One of the guards who had taken Rochelle into the house came forth and delivered the message.

Scarlett and Miguel nodded and agreed that they will leave her for the night and will catch up with her in the morning. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry." Scarlett said, when they reached Vanessa and Nick.

"Yes please." Vanessa replied, her voice strained. You could tell she was exhausted, both mentally and physically. "I want McDonalds." She finished and Scarlett agreed that she could do with one of their greasy burgers and fries.