Chapter 18

Miguel Lobos P.O.V

The party has been a great one indeed. We sold all the merchandise at the party. We made new deals since we own Bavaria club now. It was crazy how the mafia worked. It was a very dangerous game but it was all I ever knew.

It was in me, I had killer instincts and a good head on my shoulders. Those old men we hosted may have been older than Nick and I but we had a good thing going on, we were smarter and getting more dangerous by each day that went by.

I spent a lot of time monitoring Carter and his men and I found his weak links. One thing these people forget is that; whatever you do make sure your men are not drunk. Drunk employees, spill some secrets. And well that worked in my favor.

Nick and I drove back to the house and well the cute girl from last night; I don't know what happened to her. One thing she was flirting me up, next thing she annoyed me and I ended up telling her I had to be busy. She was hurt but who cared, it's not like she was looking for a husband and I'm sure she was used to being rejected.

Nicholas gave me quite an earful on how dumb I was by letting her go but I told him there was a reason I hosted that party in the first place and that is to keep an eye on my enemies.
And I also found out that Nick, didn't invite Enoch to the party and I respected that. Enoch irked him so if they were to be in the same room- blood might have spilled.

We came home in the morning and I was still enjoying my sleep, thanks to my new sleeping tablets. But my phone kept ringing none stop and I was gonna fucking kill the person calling me around this time, they better have a good reason.

I woke up and headed to the drawer where I kept my phones. I pulled out my day-to-day iPhone, that was similar to Kimberly's.

I didn't recognize the number calling me but I realized it was twelve o'clock on the dot.

In my sleepy voice and sleepy state I answered my phone. "Lobos?"

"Miguel, it's Charlotte, Molly's... Kim's aunt." The caller spoke In a very cheery voice. This woman always sounded like she was forever in a good mood. She sound like those mama bears, you know those warm mothers that would do anything to protect their own. Kim was very lucky to have her.

"Hi, miss Charlotte." My tone changed to polite real quick.

"Where is Kimberly? I've been trying to call her since Friday and her phone is off. I tried again now but it's still off." She sounded like she was about to go haywire on my ass in about a minute. "I didn't teach her not to have no manners at all. She promised to visit Friday, I waited for her call so I can pick her up but she didn't call. The least she could have done is to tell me she can't no longer come."

And now my heart started racing. Today was Sunday. Kimberly's phone has been off since Friday? Where the hell was she?

"Uhh... miss Charlotte, can I call you later? I'll ask her why she didn't get back to you." I didn't want to tell her the truth and make her want to come here and look for her and get herself endangered.

"Tell her to call me Miguel or else I will fly over and kick your behinds." She hung up. And I ran my hand through my hair, pulling and tugging.

All traces of sleep left my system, I was wide awake. I was super awake like I drank toffee topped up coffee.

I looked at my phone and I went down to Kim's number. I pressed dial.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The phone was off, I don't know how many times I tried to call her thinking maybe she was just pulling a prank on us and has done a runner but she was not that stupid. She was happy to see her aunt, she even bought her some stuff. She wouldn't run away. Although that's a better calming thought than thinking; what if Carter got to her.