Chapter 47

Omniscient P.O.V

Two weeks later

Kimberly had regained her health and was starting to eat on her own. The trauma she suffered caused her mind to shut down, and it took a little time before things could go back to normal. She spent her days with her aunt and Caroline in the garden or in the maids courters watching some Spanish telenovela where she wished for subtitles every time, and at nights Miguel would come for her to take a walk outside the house.

This night was like any other, providing her with normalcy, something her aunt agreed to before she could tell her niece that they were both leaving Miguel and his dangerous life.

The cool night breeze hit Kimberly's naked arms which caused her to clutch on Miguel's arm, seeking body heat. "Want to go back inside?" The man who once scared her was now as calm and down to earth she has ever seen him. He had lowered his guards for her, he wore his heart on his sleeve for her, he danced in his feelings for her, he showed her how vulnerable he could be and he showed her just how much she meant to him and she couldn't have found a better man for herself.

She hadn't thought of being in a relationship ever since she moved out of her aunt's place. Even when the thought crossed her mind, she didn't think a mafia boss would win her heart, make her feel safe, make her forget about the bad experience she had when she was just a teen.

"No, I actually like the breeze." She replied.

"Says the girl clutching tightly to my arm. I feel like you are seconds from detaching it from my body." Lobos joked and Kimberly hit his chest playfully. It was nice to see her laughing and getting by. Past days she wasn't herself. She had to be forced to eat, be helped to take a bath. The whole kidnapping ordeal took its toll on her.

"Lobos." She softly called out to him, and hearing her softly calling his name caused his heart to hammer against his chest. It felt good to hear her call out to him, like that. It was so soft, so melodic.

"Baby." He turned to kiss her forehead, an action he did it without thinking.

"I love you." She told him with so much conviction. Emotions were embedded in the three little words. It was as if Lobos's world stood still. When last did he hear such words? He had no doubt he and Kimberly had a strong thing going on even when the aunt held a hammer, ready to shatter it down, but he didn't think the woman loved him, liked yes, cared for yes, loved? No.

He stopped walking and turned to look into her eyes. Her eyes were smiling, her lips were forming a small smile. "Perhaps you may think I don't know what I am talking about, but I can't explain it. You make feel things I can't explain to anyone, when you are not with me I long for you, when you go to work I hope and pray for your safe return because I can't imagine doing this life thing without you in it. I also hate going to bed without you next to me. I realised it was because, I am stupidly and hopelessly in love with you and I couldn't keep it to myself, I had to-" Miguel stopped her from talking by planting his lips on hers, stealing a kiss.

The kiss was supposed to be short, but like a coin to magnet, they invested emotions into the kiss. It was toe curling, heart clenching. It would make those watching very jealous.

"Hermosa..." Miguel began to say but Kimberly narrowed her eyes at him, as he knew she didn't understand a word of Spanish. With a grin plastered on his face, Miguel said "I am in love with you too! And I don't care, I didn't want to but you forced me to and I love it! My life without you in it is unimaginable. Don't ever leave me!" He kissed her forehead and Kimberly looked into his eyes, he seemed happy but an emotion flickered in his eyes, worry.

"What are you not telling me?" She asked and he cleared his throat and took her arm and hooked it with his. "Nothing baby." He said.

Kimberly kept quiet for a while. "I won't leave you, I am not planning to, why would you say that?" She asked him. "Why would you say such a thing after a beautiful moment we just shared?" Her tone was accusing and Miguel felt guilty. Indeed they did share a beautiful moment and he had to ruin it.