Mine

Chapter 40

"Creed." Creed remained rooted at the door his eyes never leaving me.  His wolf remained at the surface and at the sound of my voice his hand tightened against the door-frame and a low growling sound rumble from his chest. His feelings slammed through every part of me in a rush of a  jumble mess; anger, relief, elation, fear, lust, but mostly anger. "Creed I know you are a little upset with me, but you have to know I had to do......."

"Get in here now!" Creed roared glancing over his shoulder and cutting me off.  He moved into the room his eyes dragged the length of my body and stopped a few from the bed.  

A nurse shuffled in the room quickly keeping her eyes glued to the floor.   She quickly fumbled with my IV and I watch with confusion as she pulled out the needle in my hand and quickly covered the site with gauze and a bandaid.  She peeled off the sticky pads that were adhere to my chest.  The alarms on the machine started beeping and I tried unsuccessfully to raise my arm to stop her from her task.

"What are you doing? Creed?"

"You are leaving." he growled.

"No, I'm staying. I need to stay to regain my strength."

"No!"

"No?  You can't tell me no! I'm staying here where I can get the care I need."

Creed was on me so fast that I didn't have time to blink.  His hand gripped the back of my head hauling me up into a sitting position, while his other hand wrapped around my back to support me.  I was at his mercy, my arms hung limply at my side, now I was pissed.  "You are mine! No one is going to keep me from my mate! Not even my mate! You are leaving with me now!"

Creed didn't leave no room for any discussion as he swung me in his arms, cradling my body against his chest.  He dove into the crook of my neck taking a deep inhale of my scent.  My body tingled as lips lightly graze my skin.  My heart sped up when I felt his sharp canine gently scrape my mark.  He wouldn't mark me again, would he? No way in hell was I going to give my permission for him to mark me again.  I could feel our bond weaken because we haven't completed the mating process, but that didn't give him the right to mark me again.  Especially now when I was so weak.

"Are you ready?" My eyes flew to the door where my savior stood breaking the trance Creed's wolf was trapped in.

'Peyton? Thank god, you're here! Tell this neanderthal that I need to stay here in order to recover."

"Sorry Eva, he is not exactly listening to me at this moment." Petyton shrugged his shoulders and gazed upon us with indifference.  

Traitor, I need someone on my side to make Creed understand that staying here was better for me. With the access to the top of the line medicine and some experimental drugs, my recovery will be faster if I stayed in the CIF infirmary. 

"Dammit Creed, put me down and back into that bed!" Creed ignored my demands and headed for the door. Peyton stepped back into the hall as Creed stormed out of the room.  

We headed down the hall with personnel scrambling to get out of our way.  The elevator at the end of the hall slid open and security poured out with their guns pointed at us.

The group of armed men didn't deter Creed as he picked up his pace stalking towards them leaving no doubt to those around us his intention.  "Creed this is ridiculous, let's turn around and go back to my room." I tried again to reason with him especially now that he was outnumbered.  

"Move!"  Creed continues to ignore me as he glared at the men in front us with Peyton staying a few steps behind us.  

"We can't let you leave.  You need to calm down and take Ms. Pesch back to her room." The lead guard separated from the group.  He lowered his gun and motioned for his men to follow suit.