Life

Chapter 53

Ricker and his men confidence was shaken as more wolves entered the cell. They were shaking as soon as the room was magnetizing and their guns were ripped out of their hands decorating the walls. My guns were among the others that plastered the wall.

"Ricker is mine!" I growled claiming my target. Ricker's men start to shift into their wolves trying to stand their ground. The cell was circular and didn't yield enough room for full grown sizes of over twenty wolves.

Some of Ricker's men decided to remain in their human form and smashed the wooden chair that Ricker had sat on earlier. They passed some of the long and jagged pieces as their impromptu weapons taking defensive stance behind their fellow wolves. They insulated Ricker against the impending attack. My eyes zeroed in on Ricker growling my intent.

"Pesch! If you don't back off and let me out of here, I will make sure my team kills your mate's family!" Ricker waved his phone in the air and I could feel Creed's anger spike at Ricker's threat.

"Your team? Make the call I think you will be surprised whose team was sent to protect Celeste and her family. Make the call, it will be the last thing you ever do." I taunted.

I watched as he Ricker made the call. "Flynn I'm changing your orders. If you don't hear from me in an hour, kill the whole family."

A smile grew on my face as Ricker's face turned sour. He slowly raised his eyes and I could see the defeat and terror in his eyes. He knew at that moment that his life was ending. He dropped the phone and stared at me.

"Loyalty, can never be underestimated. I never like Flynn, but the others on my team are very trustworthy. I will give it to him though, he never gave you up. We knew that it was someone in high command in the CIF but not sure who. However, you know me, Ricker, I've never trusted any of you, so you all were suspects. Now it is time to end this."

"Pesch don't..." Ricker started to plead.

"Don't Ricker! Die with some fucking dignity!" I tuned out his whimpering and shifted into my wolf. Nothing was going to stop me from killing the person who killed my mother and destroyed my family.

Creed's wolf brushed against me presenting a united front, as we both growled at Ricker and his men. I leaped towards the wall of opposing wolves ripping and shredding through them. My mind was focused on one man and any wolf or man that got in our way I ripped through.

I felt a pain ripple through my hind leg as a wolf's teeth sink into my skin. I tried kicking the wolf off that had latched onto me and nipped at nose. He was not deterred keeping his firm grip as I tried to surge forward to get to Ricker. Carnage was happening around me everyone fighting and becoming a blur of fur, teeth, and crimson blood that soaked the floor.

I twisted and turned trying to swipe at the wolf with my claws and he dodged my swipes still not letting go. Creed jumped out and his jaw bearing down on the neck of the wolf that held me captive. The wolf immediately let go as Creed crushed his throat, killing him instantly.

Go get Ricker.

Thanks babe.

Creed took lead and we worked as a team as we moved through Ricker's defensive line of wolves. Creed leaped forward and knocked over the last person standing in front of Ricker, clearing a path for me.

"You don't want to do this Pesch. You need me. I can be your witness about the scheme and plans that the Carsons have been involved in over the years." Ricker made a last-ditch effort to save his life, but there was no need. He couldn't be trusted and he would say anything to get out of here alive.

I bared my teeth, a low growl permeating throughout my body as I made the last few steps towards him slowly. He saw my intent and knew that I was not going to show mercy. He shifted into his brown and white wolf snapping his jaws at me. Good a fair fight. I want him to fight me, I knew he was formidable fighter as a wolf.

He took the offense snapping as I approached closer. I crouched low before barreling into him head down. Our bodies twisted and we both got in some scratches and bites into each other flesh. I maneuvered myself under his belly and bucked causing him to land on his back. I pounced on top of him and sunk my teeth into his neck my mouth filling up with his blood. He tried kicking me off, but I bared down harder on his neck and imbedded my claws into his chest. I held on until his body turned limp and his whimpering stop.

Eva, you can let go. He's dead. Creed's voice barely broke our mindlink. I was too focus on draining the life force of Ricker.

Creed nudge me gently into my side trying to break through the haze I was in. Baby you did it. You killed him. You can let go. Creed tried reasoning with me again.

For some reason, I couldn't let go. The image of my mom slowly withering away from illness that all this time I thought was cancer, but died because of this asshole. I growled biting down harder as more blood filled my mouth.

I yelped as someone bite me on the ass. I swung around to attack when I realized it was Creed.

What the hell, Creed! I told you about messing with  my ass.

You wouldn't let him go. I had to distract you. He's dead.

I turned back and look down to see that Creed was right. Ricker was dead. I climbed off his body and spitting out his excess blood from my mouth. I glanced around to see that all but three of Ricker's men was still alive. They had shifted back into their human forms cowering against the wall as four wolves guarded them.

Creed shifted back into his human form stretching and rolling his shoulders. He was covered in cuts and bruising that were already starting to heal. My level of anger was still high and I couldn't wait to take it out on the last remaining survivors.

What do you think you are doing, Eva?

Shifting, so that I can interrogate those men.

No.

No? What the hell do you mean no?

"Hey brother nice to see you made it. Umm why is your mate growling at you?"

"James, not now."

"Okay, so who is going to question these guys?" Creed whipped back around to me as I snarled and James took a step back from us. "I see. I'm going to go over there and let you handle whatever it is that is going on. Ok" James looked between the both of us then walked over to the prisoners.

Explain to me why I can't interrogate those guys.

Because I don't want my mate shoving her boobs in their face!

Are you for real, right now. We are wolves, nudity is not a big deal. Except for James and a couple of other guys that came in, everyone that was in human form were nude. I was the only female in the room full of males. I was use to being one of the few females CIF members. I can see arguing with Creed about that was pointless.

Eva, they are going to die and they know it. You will be last set of tits they will get to see. Yes, you will be a distraction. Plus, I'm the only one that get to see your tits from now on. I will do the interrogating. It is what I do for a living.

Fine. I'll go but this isn't over.

Creed watches me as I moved out of the cell before turning his attention to the men. I made my way to the truck where I could change back into clothes and get an update on the other parts of the mission.

A/N

Whew it seemed to take me forever to write this chapter. Hope you like it. What was your favorite part? How do you think Eva going to make Creed pay for making her leave?

Don't forget to vote/comment.

Nicci ♡